Lophospermum growers?

I just got some cuttings for this vine. I have not grown it before. I have grown asarina, but this seems huge by comparison. Is anyone familiar with it? Is it appropriate for hanging baskets or is it a stronger climber? How tall does it really get? Any experience would be helpful. Thanks!
http://www.pineae.com/suntory_product.php?autonumber=80

Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

Wow! Gorgeous plant,Studley! I don't grow it but I'm sure someone here does.May just have to have this one!

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Looks just like my mauve asarina maurandya, except wine colored. They can become quite huge!

That plant looks identical to asarina. Did they come up with a new name, or something?
-T

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Yes, I am wondering the same thing Taylor. I typed in Lophospermum
in google & it appears to be used along side Asarina quite a bit. Hmm, interesting.

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Hmmm, yes...interesting...

About the time I memorize all the latin names, they go and change them on me!
LOL
-T

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I can't remember who showed me ,but there was a link to someplace selling it or saying it was a new variety and it was listed as asarina
It seems to be the same picture

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Well, I'll be if it isn't Stidley!! Got yer Coleus ready yet, Stidley??8D

"eyes"

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Studley,
How is this vine doing for you. I just picked one up at my favorite greenhouse in a 4" pot. I really love the pictures, and couldn't pass up the opportunity for something new. The tag says it's hardy to 30ºF, so if it does well, it may be worth trying to winter over inside. Any info on it's needs or care would be appreciated.
Deb

Greenwell Springs, LA(Zone 8b)

it looks like a prime candidate for a hanging basket. is it added to PF? might want to add it if its not.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.