Amarillo Earthquake

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

The news station called it "The Great St. Patty's Day Earthquake", a 3.1 on the rictor scale, though earlier they said it was 2.4.

A friend there who felt it says that it didn't feel like a three to her as that would usually knock her almost out of her chair. Earlier the news had said 34 miles North of Amarillo about 1:24 PM CST, but now they are saying 13 miles North of city limits. Along the Canadian Riverbed Faultline.

Anyone else have an earthquake today?

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

Gee, I never thought of Texas as an earthquake area. We get mini tremors here once in a blue moon. I didn't feel anything here today. Stay safe.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

thank you, we are. I didn't feel a thing, never do :-)

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Me either...............when ya get used to trains and cattle running,,,,not much else outside of a twister gets yer attention!

"eyes"

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

... and don't forget the rumbling and belching of natural gas plants!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Well, they have so many pumps sprinjked across this area I've expected it all to drop atleast 30 feet an any time. lol

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Oh yeah, thats right! Ground water depletion from all that irrigated cotton.

No silly wabbitt OIL and oil byproducts.
They also had big explosion at the Phillips refinery there in Borger this week.
Fire was under control in 10 mins.
Sidney

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

uhoh - now John's a wabbit _giggle_ teehee

Actually don't they eventually pump stuff back in? heaven only knows what... think I read that somewhere. ~/;-)

Yep.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Silly wabbit? Silly wabbit? I ain't no stinking silly wabbit!

If you think they grow cotton around Fritch or Borger you're a silly wabbit.
But I guess there is a little grown closer to Amarillo.
Okay not silly, just wabbitt.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

I much prefer silly wabbit and silly goose than some of the thangs I've been called! I like critters.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

but remember, Trix are for kids!

Edited to add "Is this the Way to Amarillo?" is the number one song in Great Britain. Too funny...

Yes, a friend of mine left her house with two kids and came to Fritch for the night, in the middle of the night (not my house luckily). She told me aobut it at Church Sunday. She was not taking any chances.

The wind is howling here so bad now, but maybe it will blow the radiation leak far away. The leak is what caused the fire, and I don't know how much acutally leaked. Another friend of mine was pulling a turnaround, and had left her shift before this happened. Hope she didn't cause it LOL

Lots of cotton grown down south of here, but WAY south. We just grow mesquite and yucca.

This message was edited Mar 29, 2005 6:17 PM

Thank you, I was noticing a great deal of wind farms there also.
You can always harvest the wind, after you pump the oil out and yes, they refill the spaces emptied by oil pumping with some thing called "mud". I'm not sure it's what we call mud, or not.
My DDA (dear departed aunt) worked for years selling mud. Actually she was the office manager, which interpets to "made a fellow a millionaire by staying on top of everything while on salary for 30 years". She was happy until she couldn't get on top of the house anymore, or at last garden.

San Jacinto County, TX(Zone 8a)

LOL John
" I much prefer silly wabbit and silly goose than some of the thangs I've been called! I like critters."

Me too, here is a pic of one of my critters.
I named tha pic (automated) might should have named it 'critter in a bucket.
Our way of planting potatoes, my version of hills.
She dropped in 125 pounds like that. i keep asking her why I have to do all tha work lol....

Thumbnail by heycharlie
Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Does that machine cover them, too?

Autotateher is what cha got there!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Good one, Sugar!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Hey charlie! ALways hijacking my thread LOL Good to see your gettin those taters out! You couldn't get it done without your WOMAN machine EH?

No earthqukes here lately, but I have been a movin and a shakin to get things done!

Tamara

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Charlie and the field hand were putting taters IN, Fritch!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

OK, John, I get yer point. IN to the dirt. or OUT in the field Take yer pic!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

A mere technicality. "Dirt" is soil out of place! Another technicality fer ya!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Look at that pic again and see if some o'dat brown stuff looks like it is all IN place, you big wlaking encyclopedia you! :-)

ANYWHO, congrats on planting yer taters, charlie.

See ya at the orund up JOHN...

Don't make me send yall to your rooms!
Sidney

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Eleven days to go!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

I will concede this to John...after all, some of my potatoes are IN the gorund

although, some are still IN a box, waiting to get put OUT in the garden.

BTW, JOHN, did you get you some colored taters?

I may not make it to the roundup, we will see how the stress test goes and when they schedule her surgery. These Dr.s are moving WAY faster than normal. Even the hospital, who read and released Xrays in three working days, when it usually takes 7-10. Maybe they have summer plans and want to get all this over with?

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

I'm thinking about a fall spud crop. Had any success with that?

How about old tires you plant a half dozen in one, with dirt, then when they start spilling over, you add another tire and more dirt, etc. Then in sept you unstack the tires and you have bucoos of taters.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Yes, that is neat Sugarweed. I am doing that this year with my russets. Only I may use hay on top instead of dirt. Go ahead and plant John. I didn't get mine planted until late May last year, still had a good crop. Left some in the ground for Thanksgiving Day. Just check the days to maturity, and pick the shorter ones or very long ones. Edited to remove link to potato info, not the appropriated forum...

This message was edited Apr 14, 2005 10:09 AM

It's your thread, so post it if you want to boot us out here. Charlie started it. lol

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

yeah, its always Charlie. And i always forget the thread "belongs" to the person who started it LOL
If imway2dumb gets a chance, he could cut & paste it, I just did that fr him, since he keeps drooling over tarers. Typoing is hard right now with only half an eye LOL (patch over other one)

Alright, why the patch?

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Pharmacist said it sounds like conjunctivitis, but I don't think it is pink eye. I am highly sensitive to chemicals, and Monday morning at the eye docotr, instead of the ususal purff of air, they suddenly put drops in my eye for the glaucoma test (still don't know why they do that I am too young) anyhow, I called them about the irritation, they said it should go away in a day, this is day three and I don' tfeel like driving that far. Wore a patch over the infecyteed eye yesterday so I could continue hauling hay and working in the gardne. Today swithced sides, the other is turning red, and I can see out of this eye now, and is slightly better. The other eye was stressed from doing all the work LOL Didn't mean to start a new conversation, just irritated I can't do much, and not as well. Glad to have my better seeing eye back though! Count my blessings and hope it will pass. I am not going to drive that far and pay them to fix what they refuse to admit they done...

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

My kids think it sfunny though. Got 1/3 of my computer wqork done in twice the time LOL, so I am taking a break. Need to water anyhow. have a fabuolous DG Day!

Tamara, typing with her good eye that is slightly well, and still can't spell woth a flip :-)

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Sidney, have you checked out Fritch's store? IT IS AWESOME!!!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

thank you... bowing humbly, with both eyes half focused (ssshhhhhh)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.