can't believe it!!

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Weather gal was on and said the forecast for next week has changed from below normal temps to normal temps - forecast is for the 40's ALL WEEK!!! However, 3 inches coming tonight.... Oh daffys, come show your heads!!!

Oak Grove, MN(Zone 4a)

I think they just guess randomly when they tell us the weather. I think weather "prediction" is a myth! I'd be thrilled with 40's so I could get out and get started.

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

It was suppose to get to 41 today, but never got any higher then 33....and with snow

Hobart, IN(Zone 5a)

It's supposed to be 52 here tomorrow with pm showers. Then, a couple of rainy 40ish days before it gets cold again. I'm thinking we'll more than likely have more snow before spring finally gets here.

Eagle, MI(Zone 5a)

My husband says that weather reporting in Michigan is strictly entertainment! Nothing reliable about it! There's snow on the ground here again this morning, so I'm going to spend the afternoon looking through gardening catalogs and magazines and dreaming about how beautiful my new bed will be this year. This winter weather can't last forever (can it?)!

Lily

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

they say a storm for saturday here snow rain and then more snow but then we should hit almost 50 next week!

the st patty's parade is sunday in bay city-im staying home!!! dont have kids in it this yr so i dont have to go FREEZE~~~~

send in the spring weather!!!!!!

snow, ice, rain coming tonight (sobbing....)

Lachine, MI

Hi,
Oh I hear you all! Is it ever going to be spring? I am so anxious to get outdoors and get growing!
Anyone near Alpena theres a get growing garden show on April 2nd- it is alot of fun!
Hang in there everyone- hopefully its around the corner!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Do you know where the kiphfmiller nursery is in alpena-It belongs to my husbands cousin(best buds)Andy and his wife Lori!

welcome to the site and glad to have another michigander with us here!

we are in for the mess-we will be right on the freeze line im afraid! sigh
looks like it will arrive on the west side of the state in the morning hours.

************SPRING************* i will make it i will!!!

Adrian, MI(Zone 5b)

We had snow , just a dusting this A.M.It was sunny and nice, a little like spring!!!
The new puppies loved playing outside.They are 7 wks. now, Shih Tsu!! One went to Detroit this weekend with my friend, so we have 4 left. They are my daughter's , I get one and she does too, but we want them all!! Ha!! They are sweet!!
Bonnie

Thumbnail by ladyblue62
Lachine, MI

Notmartha,
Yes, I do know that place and Lori is a sweety! They have a huge process there and growing bigger it seems each year! I usually get all my veggie plants there and a few exciting new perennials each year!
The snow has started here...bummer. It seems like they are saying at least 10 inchs!
I told hubby, I'd rather have rain! LOL.
Lets cross our fingers that we don't get as much as they are predicting.
We will make it!
No-one around here has done any Easter decorating outside- it just looks bleak!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

saundra thats really cool that you know our family up there in alpena!!! Lori is a good gal. I use to work down here on the farm that sends them their corn and matos and other veggies!! small world!!!
You will have to tell them that dori and dale say HI!

We have no snow here so far and its a balmy 33 I so want this to be the last of the snow for the yr!! I need to play in the dirt, im about to go crazy here!!!

I want to get my peas planted in the garden!! ;)

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

OOHHH POOOOOOO its snowing and snowing pretty good

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i cant take anymore-i thought i could but i cant! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Lachine, MI

So far in our neck of the woods- it hasn't started yet( gosh hope I don't jinx myself!) -LOL
We still have about 1 1/2 feet of snow here...if we get this- oh my...
I was so optimistic that by Easter we will have bare ground- been saying my prayers today ;-)
it sounded like the last update I heard that central and western michigan is going to get the brunt-
Sorry you guys and gals.
I keep tellen DH that folks are gonna go postal- if it dosen't all just go away soon!
" S "

had a mixture here - first snow, then sleet, then rain and then a repeat of the above....plus gloomy.....

Talked to my mom in Fla and she said it was cold and rainy there (I am smiling- misery loves company!!)

Easter egg hunts are cancelled (actually posponed I think) Wonder what sunrise services will be like!!! Maybe on snowmobiles this year!!

Did I jinx it by getting a greenhouse????

Lachine, MI

notmartha,
that must have been awesome working at their farm! We always wondered just how big of a place it was!
And the produce was exceptional!
And just think- at one time it was picked with love by you! ;-o
I will tell them hi for you when I see them when they open for the season!
" S "

P.s. to Sarv48- if you jinxed it, then it got a double whammy! DH came home with a present for me one of those small portable greenhouse's the other day-I can't wait! ( even tho- I've waited over 10 years- already-lol)

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Michigander.........Hello and welcome to Dave's......I was gone to a Master Gardener Conference in Mt. Pleasent for a couple of days, and noticed your new to our forumn.....I'm in the Tawas/AuGres area.....

Deann

Lachine, MI

Hi Deann,
Thank you for the welcome!
Your not that far away! We travel to the Oscoda area to go to the haunted hayride there at the
campround there on river road.
I also did the master gardener thing back in 1995-
So how did everyone fare from the storm?
We ended up with about 3" of snow-
Happy Spring everyone!
Saundra

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Good Morning Michigander.........Over in the Tawas/Augres area we got about 3 inches of real wet snow too....Was sorta dicey driving on it. I think we are suppose to get 5 more inches today....It kinda looks like it out there, very gray and dreary looking....At least we can officially say Winter is over......**yeah right**

Deann

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Good morning we got around 2inches and there are HUGE flakes are falling now-i didnt hear anything about more snow!!!!

HAPPY SPRING! --HA!

Ended the day with a nasty, cold rain. It did take some of the snow, but there is a ton left. And now for those gloomyyyyyyy skies. Will the sun ever shine??? I'm sitting with a bright light by my side right now for some comfort (and the heating pad on my back for warmth!!) Even my seeds are refusing to sprout!! We're a pouty family here right now!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Here is another Michigander checking in. I am from south of Detroit, so you all have a southern perspective.LOL

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi Hemlady....welcome.......I would imagine your tulips and daffys are starting to pop up right about now......You guys down in the Detroit area get spring about 3 weeks before we do......

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Yep, my snowdrops are blooming. I am about ready to go take a pic of them. Daffodils are starting to get buds and tulips are starting to pop through. Can't wait.

This message was edited Mar 23, 2005 7:53 AM

Sunny and gorgeous today = still not shorts weather, but much better than the gloomy, snowy stuff!! Daffys are poking up about an inch and hyacinths are up about the same.

BUT I heard we are supposed to have snow on Easter...Welcome to Michigan...

White lk, MI(Zone 5a)

The only thing I see coming to life is bleeding heart. Don't think I have ever seen a snowdrip.

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Good Morning Sandy.......first time I have seen your name and WELCOME to the Michigan Forum.....good to hear from you....

Deann

White lk, MI(Zone 5a)

deann,
I have been a member for a couple of years. I really don't post that much. I have read lots of helpfull info here. As everyone in MI. knows ,are growing season just gets started and then it's over. Hopefully this forum will help us all in MI. Thanks for the welcome.

CHINA, MI(Zone 6a)

We got what we always needed more snow.
Ken

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Snowing here too. They said a dusting and we already have about an inch and a half.

Mason, MI(Zone 5b)

Ladyblue,
thanks for posting the babies. They are all so very sweet. We have a Shih Tsu. We just love him so much. He is a little silly one at times. :) We bought him from a home in the upper area of MI that took in dogs that were misused.

HEY FOLKS!! News flash::::

Weather man just said that the first whole week in April, the temps maybe above normal!!! Did I hear that right???? Bring it on.......

Oak Grove, MN(Zone 4a)

Looking for my shovels, sunglasses, and tank tops right now!

Lachine, MI

I'm playing in the mud and loving it!!!
Looks like its going to be beautiful next week- Bring it on!!!
Like I said to my hubby-
Winters not bad...its just the last 6months of winter, I can't take!- LOL

Plymouth, MI(Zone 6a)

What a beautiful day today. It is just supposed to get better too! It was fun wandering around the yard today checking out what has started to poke through!
meem

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I was doing the same thing meems. Finally have a few crocus blooming.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I was cutting things down and raking and i have a small yellow crocus blooming!
today will be more of the same!!!!!!! luv that sunshine~~~~~~~~~~

Adrian, MI(Zone 5b)

Spring has finally sprung!! Wasn't it great today!! I wish it would stay nice, but we always get a preview of spring and then an ice storm. Let's hope it stays like this. Things are budding and popping up! I love it!!
Bonnie

Ohhhhh, I sat out in the sun today and just smiled!! Things are pretty much still covered with leaves here, with a few tulips peeking up. I am not going to uncover things just yet, because we all know Michigan!! I even sent shopping with no coat on!! Life is good!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i uncovered everything in my garden and i clipped and burnt and im ahead of the game at this point.
I can see green everywhere and seedlings springing on their own!!
Watched the killdeer playing and a flock of white swans glistening in the sunshine as they flew over head!!

**daylilies are still covered!**

aaaaaah it twas a GREAT day in michigan!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.