New Penjing!

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

All plant material gathered from our land. I did this one earlier today. The gravel my BIL let me have.

I don't know what this little tree is. It gets small white blooms on it and has soft slightly hairy leaves.
Hard to see but it has two trunks and is just starting to leaf out. Was too excited to use this little pot then have to wait for the trunks to get thicker, lol.

The pot measures 1 1/2 inches deep x 6 inches long.
Tree measures 6 inches tall. The root runs the entire length of the pot!

The little 'bushes' are a wild moss rose with tiny yellow blooms and some kind of lichen from the woods that gets teeniny red dot 'blooms'.

It's really hard to see with my little poor quality camera but there is a small 'stream' or 'trail' running around the bushes made out of a lighter coloured smaller gravel.

What do y'all think so far?

Thumbnail by crimsontsavo
Shangshui, Henan, China(Zone 7b)

Not so bad the pot is with the new penjing inside.
I enlarge the photo and study a while, but can not identify what tree it is for sure. Is it a mulberry sapling? If so, personally, that is not fit for a penjing because of its big foliage (consume a ton of water each year,heheh) and fast up-growing trunk(not easy to reshape). Anyway, you are on your way, and I hope to see your better ones yet to be.
Jianhua

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.