Please help ID

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

I just found this African Violet at Lowe's today. I have never seen one like it before and it was the only one out of 48 that looked like this. The inner leaves are very pale pink with dark spots. The larger outer leaves are trimmed in pink. Does this type of African Violet have a name?

Thanks
Betty

Thumbnail by tortoisekeeper
Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

WOW, that was quite a find! From what I understand based on other posts, it may be possible to search and find a named variety that looks very similar to what you have, but you never know for sure since there are SO many varieties out there. However, it seems like even people who mostly stick to named varieties can't resist when they find one really special like that: good job on a great find!

--Dana

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi Dana,

I supervise 10 merchandisers in 8 diffrent Lowe's stores. I was just putting these 2 cases out. You can be sure I will be looking for more unusal ones.

Betty

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Ooooh, that's a gorgeous one!!

I love the variagation on the leaves!

What a find!!!

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

I got one very similar to this at Lowe's about 6 months ago. It's my prized AV, I love it. Isn't it gorgeous? - I'd be curious to know it's name! Make sure to keep it brightly but indirectly lit, the variegated ones need more light to survive. Susanne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.