Question: Can a toilet become a tasteful planter?

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

I have been wanting to put a toilet in 1 of my beds that has somewhat of an old southwest/antique/white trash theme. I have a couple cow skulls, wagon wheels and other misc. pieces of driftwood and odd planters. My wife has been stringing me along for several years telling me that I will be "allowed" to place 1 in there. I've seen several at the curb on trash day and she always has an excuse for keeping me away from it. Well push has come to shove and I found another one waiting for me at the curb.
Am I just out of my mind or can this be tastefully done like I see it in my mind? I see flox(sp) or sweet potato's trailing out of the upper tank and something else either overflowing the bowl of just standing strait up or both.
It's not in the front yard right out in front of the house. It will sit in the backyard up against an old tree stump that I left cut up at several different hieghts, it was 1 of those trees that actually had 4 seperate trunks from the ground. It won't even be visible from all angles, only a strait on view.
Anyhow...Don't be afraid to hurt my feelings as that isn't possible here, just please give me your take on my vision. Good or bad. Thanks!
JD

This thread has 95 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!