Giant Pumpkin

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

well----gonna try growing an Atlantic Giant Pumpkin in a large pot(20 gallon pot I think) I'll have to measure it by using 5 gallon pots to fill it up so i know just how many gallons it will hold.
Any way. There is a man i know that grew a 556 pound pumpkin from the Atlantic Giant pumpkin. The world record is 1,446 pounds achieved last year but i dont know what pumpkin he used and he was from Canada. Any way----this is one of my Hobbies this year---to grow a GIANT PUMPKIN in that large pot that i have.

cricket

Thumbnail by CricketsGarden
Oakland, OR(Zone 8a)

Le me know when it's just about ready to harvest and I'll alert Charlie Brown and friends. HeHeHe.

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

I wonder if you could clean and seal a pumpkin and use it's skin as a pot?

Oakland, OR(Zone 8a)

Interesting idea - rather like taking a jack-o-lantern to it's ultimate destination. It seems to me it should be doable, but I've never tried it. If it works (and I hope it does) it seems to me to be a reasonably inexpensive and different pot. Dotti

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

interesting idea---have fun trying. As far as i know---varnish seals it up to where no bacteria can get in and decompose it. I think it has to be dry first--which will make it shrivle as it drys. Guess we will be watching to see if it can be done. You gonna do it?????

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Me? Nah- I don't even have a pumkpin seed. LOL
Was just a thought.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.