Diet Best Practices

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Thought this might make an interesting thread - what are YOU doing to be successful in your diet? Someone might benefit from some of your ideas. I'd love to hear what works for others!

Mine:

* Prepare a big salad on Sunday night and take a container to work each day (including tasty ingredients so it's not boring - rocket greens, avocado, different vegetables, flavorful things like a couple of chopped greek olives, chopped basil, cheese, ham) - within moderation of course. Saves time, and no excuse not to take a salad each day.

* Drink lots of water - I keep a Britta pitcher available all the time

* Lots of protein (tuna, chicken)

* Find a new, non-fattening item and create different dishes inspired by that ingredient (mine is aubergines/eggplant right now)

* Keep the house clean of the wrong temptations. I have learned over the past year or so that my weakness is things made with flour - bread, cookies, cakes, etc. - so I try to stay away from those.

* After a day of over-indulgence, get back on the diet right away - next day, no excuses

* If I have to nibble - find a piece of cheese or meat, it doesn't kick off a rampage of cravings from the carbs

This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!