Sunday, March 13th

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

It is cold here again. 23 when we got up this morning. The sun is coming out now so it may warm up somewhat this afternoon.

We have 10 new baby degus this morning. Rachel was in labor most of yesterday afternoon according to Jack. She delivered the first baby just minutes after I got home from work a bit before 9 last night. So far all seems to be going well. Since she only has 8 nipples there is a chance some will be runts like our little Marion. I'll make sure Rachel has all the veggies and lab blocks she can eat for several weeks. The babies should start on solid food in a week or 2. I wasn't expecting the births until next weekend or later.

God is so good! Last Thursday while on the way home from work at the cafe' I noticed the brake warning light flashed for 10-15 seconds. Just enough to get my attention. Then it went off and never came back on. I had no braking problems at all. Friday I got ready for work and drove slowly down the lane as usual. At the end I put on the brakes a bit and discovered there weren't any! I got back to the house and parked the van, called my employer to tell them I needed transportation if I was going to work. I had called Holly to see if she could take me but she had a flat tire on her truck and no spare. I knew our oldest son who is a machanic was coming to see us and be here on Saturday. He ended up spending most of his time here fixing the van. He put on wheel cylinders and new brake pads on both back wheels. He had learned a new trick about setting the ABS on the brakes just a few days before but had never tried it so see if it really worked. It involves driving forward a few feet very slowly, then backing up slowly, then applying the brakes. Then the lines could be bled of air. Our manuel on this van said it had to be towed to a dealer garage where it would be put on their special machine and the brakes set by the computer and then the lines bled of air. He had it done in time for me to drive it to work Saturday afternoon. Yesterday was a lovely day too. Perfect for working outside in just shirtsleeves. We see GOD's hand in so many of the steps of the whole situation.

Tomorrow Jack has appointments with his eye doctors and his pcp. Hopefully he will be told he can have the cataracts on the right eye removed which should restore some of the vision in that eye. Any improvement of his vision is better that what he has now.

GOD bless and keep each and all of you.

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!