boy my snail vine is taking off now

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

It's already climbed the top of the tomato cage and working it way to the top of the greenhouse, it has buds on it too.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

It sure looks healthy. Take pictures when it blooms.
:) Donna

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'll have to see if I can get a closer up picture, that didn't come out too good,

kathy

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Wow, is your snail vine from seed or what? I have two little babies in the greenhouse. I just hope I can keep them alive. Yours looks great.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

no it came to me as a plant last year from brommom, she sent me a nice plant, but it has tripled in size since she gave it to me, and bloomed for a long time, before the temps dropped to 32 in the greenhouse, and it dropped all it's leaves, doesn't look like it suffered any does it LOL

I'm thrilled with it's performance.

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Your vine is looking great Kathy Ann as well as the rest of your greenhouse.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Kathy,
Is this the blue flowered or the multi-corkscrew kind? It looks great.
Good for you!
Jackie

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

well, I'm not sure which it is, the flowers are purple, white and a little pink. I know it's not the cork screw vine, It was called snail vine when I got it. the flowers aren't big, and as far as I remember, their not fragrant either. but I have a couple blooms I can take a sniff when they bloom and see if their fragrant, I just love fragrant plants

kathy

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

lol....i was wondering if that was what i had traded you......lol...,mine has bloomed a few times but does not look near that good.......lol...what have you done?...lol...maybe mine looks the way it does because its under the shade cloth and doesnt get too much sun....but honest, how do you treat yours?

btw...i wanna come visit you, you have a such nice looking plants.....and i will promise to be a good girl if you let me come visit!!!....lol

i just luv spring and seeing all the new growth and so many things are starting to grow now that we have some sun, after this yucky winter..:)

cindy

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Hi there Cindy, Ain't she perty, I did not ice the leaves on the top are solid green and the leaves down at the bottom are kind of dappled, spotted. like. not enough sunshine I 'm thinking. who knows, I haven't done a thing special to this thing I was putting miracle grow on the brugs once and put some on that too, but just the one time. I guess it likes it's home LOL.

I am so pleased with it.

You can come see me any time, your more than welcome. You don't have to be a good girl either. I'll load you up with all the babies around here. LOL Better hurry though, the tropicals are going fast, been trading them off for perennials. Your not too far from me are you?

I'm keeping quite a few things, will still have to heat the greenhouse next winter, I have alot of brugs i'm keeping, alot of scented geraniums, begonias, succulents, & hoyas. of course my snail vine too, and the thunbergias, cup & saucer vines. good grief, I still have way too much .
I have to have something to fill my days with.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.