McCalls Patterns are the PITTS!

Golden, CO(Zone 5b)

I have to vent! The wedding is April 3, and I still have 2 bridesmaid dresses to make. Among other things. So, I get the pattern, McCalls 4020. It tells me for each dress, of 60" wide fabric, I will need 3 & 5/8 yard. I doubled that, and wiped out the last of the bolt of fabric at JoAnns. I just laid it out, and per the pattern directions, you lay out 3 of the 4 main pieces vertically, end to end. Each piece is 53" long.

When I went to school, (granted it has been a few years!) 53" times 3 pieces, was 159" in length. Divide that, by 36" to a yard and even though I'm not great at math, that is NOT 3 and 5/8 yards! It's 4 and a third. For each dress. Do these pattern makers have their head where the sun doesnt shine???

I swear, the next kid is getting a do it yourself "elopement" kit. I'll buy the ladder and the first tank of gas!

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!