Avast......huh??

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Okay, I am feeling really dense right now but the harder I try to figure this out, the more confused I get.

1) With my previous AV program I could schedule the specific time and frequency for running a scan; i.e. everyday at 2:15 pm. As far as I can tell with Avast, you can only do that if you have the pro version. Does that mean I have to manually run a scan every day?

2) With my previous AV program, whenever I wanted to check an attachment on an email I could save it to disk and scan it with the program. It then gave me a message saying the scan was complete and no virus was found. When I do that with Avast I get a little message showing it is scanning the attachment but when it is finished scanning the message disappears without letting me know if there was a virus or not. Should I assume the absence of an all-clear message means that it is, in fact, all clear?

3) I have seen a number of threads on DG about Avast and people who use it seem to really like it. Why am I having such a tough time figuring out how it works? I have read the instructions from start to finish several times..... Maybe I need a brain scan. (Can Avast do that?) LOL

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!