Living with a Rose Addict

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Pam decided unilaterally that she didn't have enough roses in our front garden. She has over 65 individual plants with more than 50 varieties. Well, to make a long story short, she's ordered about 60 new roses, mostly antiques. In response she's gotten me off my toosh to create her a new rose garden on the slope adjacent to our ranch access road. I thought I might do a bit of a public journal of progress if I'm not being presumptuous. To receive critiques from this forum during the construction of the garden would certainly be meaningful. So here goes...

The site was a lovely...low maintenance slope covered in a melange of shrubs, groundcovers and wildflowers mostly from South Africa..(Proteas, iceplants, etc..). So I've been forced...love is a strange motivator indeed..lol, to reshape the slope to accommodate a path through 'Pam's Rosarium'. Stay tuned if interested.

I hope all of you are cultivating your creativity as well as your precious plants this spring.

Don

Thumbnail by drdon
This thread has 164 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!