Looking for.....

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

.....some horseradish roots that are reasonably priced, anyone know where to find any?

Louisville, KY

Red,
Check this Thread out for consideration. I will check at the local grocery here. There are several Indian Markets which might have it as well.
Gary/Louisville

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/420211/

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the link Gary. I never once thought of the grocery store, guess I'll give a look-see.

Cary, NC(Zone 7a)

Big Red,

I have a couple of roots I'll be happy to send you, I strated them last year and have more than enough now.
If you'd like them please send me an email with your address.

Peter

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Hey Guys a little off topic but when I was a kid a long, long, long time ago my mother used to put me on the firescape with a pair of 1940 vintage flying goggles and I would grate the horseradish. We lived in the city in tenament housing so thus the firescape. Best way to beat the fumes !

Audubon, PA(Zone 6b)

Haha...Tplant.... 1940's vintage aviator goggles!!! Brings back memories!!
When I was 7 or 8 years old I bought a WW II aviator cap with goggles & ear flaps in an Army Surplus store & wore it to school. Mom hated it & finally destroyed it! Sorry...I'm a little off the subject but couldn't resist...

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Peter, you've got mail!

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Be sure and either plant your horseradish in a nice deep well drained container or if planted in the ground make sure it's in an area you don;t mind it taking over....completely :-)

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

Found these today at a local Amish Greenhouse. I bought 4 plants (roots) at $2.25 each.

Thumbnail by Big_Red
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Good for you! Enjoy it Big_Red....ain't nothing better than fresh horseradish. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.