remember our floods? this just in..

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

This afternoon a torrential rain soaked South Louisiana; the result was that floodwaters came up about 6 feet into most of the homes.
Mrs. Boudreaux was sitting on her roof with her neighbor, Mrs.Thibodaux, waiting for help to come.Mrs. Thibodaux noticed a lone baseball cap floating near the house. Then she saw it float far out into the front yard,then float all the way back to the house; it kept floating away from the house, then back in. Her curiosity got the best of her, so she asked Mrs.Boudreaux, "Mon amis,lookie dat, you see dat baseball cap floatin' away from dat house, den it come back again? Mais me, I don recall seein' nuttin' like dat before!" Mrs. Boudreaux said, "Oh yeah,dat's mah husband; I done told him he was gonna cut dem grasses today come Hell or high water!"
heh heh, Lisa

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!