Can't "add item" in journal

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

I've tried to add an item to my journal today, and each time I click on "add item," I just go back to the main page. ???

Anyone else having this problem?

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Hmmmm. I just added an item (and an entry within it) to my journal without any problems.

Terry,

I'll bet (at least I hope!) that I'm not the first to be caught this way. I clicked on "add an entry" *under* the table on the category page. This refers to adding an entry for a specific item, right?

I should have clicked on "add an item to this category" (hope I have that wording correct) in the text *above* the table.

Kathleen

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Ahhhhh, now I see. Yeah, I'm not sure why Dave has that button there, since it just takes you back to the main page.

Maybe we can pester him into tweaking this a bit ;o)

Terry,

The "add entry" button does work if you tick the box in the RID column. It's all rather confusing, IMO, but then I'm often confused! :-)

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I couldn't even find the "add an item", lol.

Calalily,

Now I feel better! :-)

If you click on a category from your main page, you'll go to the page for that category. If there's nothing in it, you'll see the line "Add a new item under this category" right at the top.

If there are any entries in the category, though, that line is moved down under another that says something about prepare for printing. It needs to be a little more prominent, IMO. I tend to read pretty fast, and sometimes skim over a lot of text when I'm on line, which is probably why I miss it all the time.

The little "add an entry" button refers to adding an entry for an already existing item -- you have to tick the little box next to that entry for it to work.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images