A.Y.C.E. Robin......Who Wants In?

Orangeville, PA(Zone 6a)

Hi! I'd like to send off another one! When I got around my seeds for the Rainy Day Robin, I also got a bunch around for this one, too. (AYCE stands for "All You Can Eat")

The 'All You Can Eat' Robin:

1.) Anything included must be edible!!! Herbs, fruits, veggies...anything you can eat and not get sick (LOL)
2.) Please put in the same number of packets you take out. More is okay, too.
3.) I'm sending this one regular mail, no Priority Mail, so therefore no confirmation #'s (cheaper, too). So PLEASE PLEASE post the comings and goings on the thread so we can keep track of her. :)

I think I have 20 (give or take) seed packets to start with, all herbs/veggies. Not too much in the way of fruits so if you have any to contribute, by all means throw 'em in! :) The deadline to sign up will be:

MARCH 15th

...which is one week from now. As before, please E-MAIL ME your addresses. (If you post them here I may not see them!) Oh, and PS, please don't include things like 'pansies', which are, technically, edible, but who goes around eating pansies, now really? Let's keep it to things people really *eat*. :)

Happy E-mailing! :)

Jenn

Charleston, SC(Zone 8b)

Count me in.. i'll email you my address. Thanks for starting this :9)

tim

Westmoreland, TN(Zone 7a)

I'M in, sending info
Thanks, RH

Thumbnail by rh3708
New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

Ok, I have some edibles! I'm in.

~* Robin

Willamette Valley-OS, OR(Zone 8a)

I'll Participate!
Address on it's Way!

Leesville, SC(Zone 8a)

Hey Jenn:

I'm hooked on these things. It's all Sheran's fault - LOL - Sending my addy now.

got lots o veggies and fruit seeds i can add.
what ya think about passi seeds you can eat the fruit of most of them.
They are nice to look at too.
trying to get all my pks together and wanted to know before i put the passi seed in.
RH

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Sent my Address and I am in. Will be my first Robin.

welcome TA i hope you will enjoy the fun as much as the rest of us.
I was a little timid about joining my first RR but after it was done i found out just how much i enjoy the RR's .
RH

Orangeville, PA(Zone 6a)

Sure! Passion fruit is definately edible...and veeeery yummy! Throw it in, Robbie! :)

cool deal, i had some left over after planting a few of each and didn't want them to go to waste.
RH

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Im in. email coming

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

I'd like to participate in this Round Robin. I have a number of different edibles to add. E-mail coming

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Me Too, Me Too. Sending you my address, and it is in the exchange. SEEYA, Margie

oh isnt this wonderful, just love the robins and nice to see others start them....

count me in...

sheran. will e mail my address.....

Orangeville, PA(Zone 6a)

Keep 'em comin'! :)

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Oh me too! Count me in!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I would like to join, too! I'm excited already and it hasn't even started! :-) I'll e-mail you with my address and it is in the exchange.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Me too! This sounds like fun, but I am a newbie, so I'm still learning this stuff!

deb

Orangeville, PA(Zone 6a)

Okie Dokie! Everyone's in that responded as follows:

irisluvr0252
Marylyn_TX
Sue_WA
Sheran
Loudigger
Makshi
BettyDee
MKeilers
TARogers
Eskieleia
ZZTopsoil
NatureWalker
RH3708
TMorton

Robin will fly either March 17th or March 18th (when I can get her off to the postie!) I'll let you know fer sher when I get her out. I'll post a sort of flight plan, too! Thanks to all who signed up. This'll be fun! :)

Jenn

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

can i join

Orangeville, PA(Zone 6a)

Sure! You missed the deadline but since I'm just making the final gathering of addresses and such, to put her together tonight, of course you can join! Just in the nick of time. :) Just e-m me your addie. :)

Orangeville, PA(Zone 6a)

Okay...she's off to Tim in South Carolina! :)

Tim, when you receive her, let us all know. ;)

Also, I thought it'd be fun to post "hints" where it's going to next. Like, for instance, a clue about the town, a picture, etc.

Jenn

Charleston, SC(Zone 8b)

Great Jenn... I can't wait, and thanks for putting this together :O) . I'll let you all know when it arrives.
Tim

Charleston, SC(Zone 8b)

Hey everyone... It arrived yesterday!!, and will be shipped back out today. Travelling 144.05 miles from Charleston, SC :o)~ Thanks Jenn.. Onto the next .

TiM

Leesville, SC(Zone 8a)

Robin landed this afternoon stuffed with good things. Took out 5 packs and put in 10. Will fly out tomorrow via regular mail to........ a "Main Street Town" that hosts a monthly Saturday crafts market on the downtown square featuring only handcrafted products from Fayette County. Do you know where she's headed?

The weather's nice, so it should be a good easy flight. Be looking for her in a few days.

Thanks for doing this Jenn - it was fun.

Rhonda

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

Where's the box? Been a long time no post!

Concerned.

~* Robin

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

~~~~~Sue will be out of town from the 11th - 16th~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Has anyone email Bettydee to see if she got the Robin?

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

I received the Robin Monday and mailed it out to you yesterday. I took out some pumpkin and Thai hot pepper seeds. I put in some heirloom long beans, an herb (I've drawn a bland on the name.), and a perennial Texas native: Chilipequin aka Chiltepin, Tepin, Birdseed Pepper, a hot, hot pepper. The pepper can be grown in the ground in Zones 8b or higher otherwise it can be grown in a pot and overwintered indoors. More information on the pepper from the enclosed link.

http://www.shgresources.com/tx/symbols/peppernative/

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Thanks Betty - that Chilipequin are really good we love them in our cooking up here. Over winters in 8a fine to! (at least so far - now watch this year it will go now that I bragged on it). Mitch

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

She flew in yesterday, and back out today! Very nice selection. Love these "quickie" Robins. SEEYA, Margie aka Queen of Dirtland
PS, Her next stop is one Giant step for mankind.

This message was edited Apr 8, 2005 11:05 PM

Charleston, SC(Zone 8b)

who lives on the moon? can i visit? Bo)~

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I suspect he meant me. YAYYY!!! This isn't exactly the moon, but you are definitely welcome to visit, TMorton. ;-)
~ Marylyn

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It's here, it's here! It was very fun to look through. :-) I'll send it back out tomorrow. Here are a few hints about its next destination:
Settled in 1844, this town was originally called Possum Trot because of the abundance of possums in the area. It was used in the filming of "Bonnie and Clyde" in 1967. Their Whataburger franchise was first in sales volume in the nation last year!

~ Marylyn

Abbottstown, PA(Zone 6a)

I would like in this RR also, thanks
Vicki

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I got it today! It was so much fun - I took out 7 and added 7. It is off to the home of the Klondike Road Flea Market and the Star Lanes Flea Market. Who knows where this birdie is flying?

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

maybe I do and maybe I don't! We will see!

Deb

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Is this going in the order of the list or?

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I think we where mixed up to make it more fun.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.