Impatients Question

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Will the New Guinea Impatients profusely bloon as the "common" impatients?

Coeur D Alene, ID(Zone 5a)

I haven't had as much luck with them. Their blooms are larger, but there are less of them. And if they dry out at all, they look like they died...
-Mara

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

They do not have as many blooms as the common impatiens. The common ones are covered in blooms, whereas the New Guinea has fewer, beautiful blooms but very showy foliage.

San Leandro, CA

I had a New Guinea that was loaded with blooms but it really needs lots of water. I minute it was standing tall the next is just dropped. They have beautiful foliage but make sure you keep them watered.

East Lansing, MI(Zone 5a)

I cared for a red new guinea impatien growing in an old iron kettle positioned on the north side of a building that bloomed quite profusely. This was the only new guinea that I ever saw as a landscape contractor that bloomed in this abundant way.

This message was edited Mar 13, 2005 9:17 PM

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

This is one plant that would do well to be planted with water retaining polymer crystals. They are very water demanding.

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the info, I think I'll stick with my "regulars", I would be dissappointed if my north bed wasn't constantly blooming. It is by far the easiest bed I keep. I just plant it and keep it watered, and throw some triple phosphate on it about mid July. I LOVE these flowers!

Linda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.