Sue_WA is Feeding My Addiction!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Sue_Wa apparently thinks I can't get into enough trouble myself, so she sent me an iris gift certificate late last summer! I can thank her for the many hours I spent many hours this winter agonizing over which iris to choose from Argyle Acres. Choices & choices!

After storing & comparing & choosing, I found which ones I need for my garden:

Gibson Girl --historic TB

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers

Moonlight--Historic TB. Isn't she gorgeous?

Centurion--another lovely old historic TB. Interesting color & form.

I wanted to limit myself to historics, but this spotted beauty kept swimming up in front of my blurry eyes... Apache Rose TB

And, finally, last but not least, this little Intermediate bearded Oklahoma Bandit stole my heart. Do I really have to wait until summer to see the roots & NEXT spring to see them bloom? waaaaahhhaaa!

Thank you for my agony, Sue!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

oh i got that site off the daylily robin last nite-OMG- so many I want~
wanda i can hear them calling us..............wanda,dori hey ladies, yooouuuwwwhhoooo wanda ---dori come get us!

And will I really remember to leave room for them in my spring plantings? No! Darn, guess I'll just have to remove more grass late in the summer. Let's face it, I have too much grass left anyway...

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Got Okla. Bandit on hill ,. you will love it cant kill it always blooms increase well and was bred right in dear old OKLA>

Tthink i will add Centurion to my list that is a old( luminita ) like Moonlight Sea Iris .

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

Did i read on here a certain friend has oklahoma Bandit?? ok what hill.. i will be climbing hills me thinks..

i will dig it for you dear no hill climing tell your knee is better / OK ?

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

ok but i guess i won't be for another week or two why it's still causing this pain..but watch when i come over i will be really looking at the hills!!!!

tazzy, sounds like you've created an iris monster....

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

i love them so beautiful.... i know i can't do no hill climbing especially after trying to get in thru small high window!!!!!!!! pain is bad pulled knee good.. strechted it ..so guess i won't find ok. bandit your safe-- i think!!!!

hope--What high small window???? Are you sneaking into Tazzy's sun room and raiding it before the rest of us get there?

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

no no my kitchen door has windw of sorts i had to take out to get in house or ???? i was hanging in, out one leg way up it would of been a award winning picture ask Tazzy......

Hide a key outside next time?

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Those are all so beautiful!

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

no the lock was jammed messed up something ????????

I know the feeling. We have kept a key to the front door hidden in the back yard for years. Rarely use it, but good to have around. We have crank-out windows that lock and would be hard to open from outside.

Our daughters have a bad habit of leaving the house unlocked during the day. I don't think a burglar would try to come in--Walker barks like he is a doberman as he races toward the door. Not a pretty sound.

Moerkerke_Damme, Belgium(Zone 7b)

Nice choice you made Wanda!!!

At least that fool dog is good for something....

I have to laugh. A German Short Hair Pointer won the Westminister Dog Show this year. Now all the people who like to be "in" will buy one. Serves them right--this dog can destroy furniture, gardens & even eat holes in walls!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.