Heavy frost

Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Heavy frosts at night overhere. Last night KNMI (Dutch weatherforcast) has measured the deepest temp in march ever in times...-20,5C (Flevoland). The deepest temps are measured in north-east Netherlands. I am so sorry for all those gardeners who tried some tender exotics like Musa, Trachycarpus and so on...because we had rather mild winters last few years. In my garden spring has sprung allready...bulbs like Eremurus have shown their noses..I fear for my Cistus..of course I gave them a little cover as possible.. I 'm lucky I live down south-east Netherlands..so temp did 'nt drop that deep in my very sheltered garden (-7,2C) but still brrrrrr.....

This map shows temps in Netherlands last night. I 've marked where I live.

Thumbnail by saya
Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Nċja... I'm glad we've got lots of snow to cover the plants ;D

The only sign of Spring here are dry roads, and some snow melting, but just a bit. We're having the coldest Spring for a long time here. I hope it would get warm soon!

The Weather however has been magnificent, clear blue skies for two weeks now, have been cross-country skiing on the beautiful forest routes just a few kilometers from us, really great. And days are getting longer and longer :)

Thumbnail by Evert

Hi Evert, glad to see you posting again..you have to admit that it was very cold for Dutch standards : O

We still have nightfrosts overhere ..so spring is cold and wet..lots of rain and wet snow...brrr..weather in Finland seems to me much more nicer...blue skies...hmmmm

Well..I know..complaining about the weather...it does 'nt help at all : ((

Glad to see you as well :)

Well yes, for you it has been very cold. Here those temps are quite normal at night especially, and on very cold winters during the day. I live in the south where I made the red dot on the map and here the Weather is quite "warm" in Winter ;D

I will be coming to the Netherlands in April, a school project.. We'll stay in Ridderker, near Rotterdam. I hope the weather is fine then!

Next week we'll have Russian quests here, I hope the sun would keep shining..

I think you mean Ridderkerk near Rotterdam...ooooh..you must study at a fine school that they create such great opportunities for their students. What are you visiting...the harbour? I hope you 'll have better weather by that time...weather is always very inconstant overhere. Probably already many bulbs are flowering in april...I hope so. Do you visit Keukenhof ? If you need help to get some info and so...please just LMK.

Yes, sorry, forgot the "k" from the end.

It's a Comenius (Communication in European school) -project, about water this time, we'll do some experiments etc, something boring anyway. I just wanted abroad so I joined the thing :D

The Dutch students will come here in May then. We'll stay at their homes and they'll stay at ours. Like with the Russians.

No idea what we are going to do there yet, we haven't been informed very well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.