Variegated vanilla orchid

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Won an auction for a variegated vanilla orchid from SunCoastOrchids. It arrived today. Goody, goody.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

That's a nice one... I'm so jealous! They get really big, are you going to grow it on a tree?

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I am hoping to get my greenhouse built this year. Then it can grow in there.

Fair Lawn, NJ(Zone 6b)

Good for you rylaff!!
Michelle, don't hold back, get one for yourself, let it climb up the window?

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

rylaff, I'm jealous, too. I bought the regular green variety from e-Bay last year and don't have room for a varigated one in my small greenhouse. I'm hoping mine will eventually grow up the wall and around the top.

BettyDee

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

Lol, up the window. Not if I get my way and FINALLY get that green house I'm wishing for!

Bettydee, actually the non-varigated ones grow faster and perhaps larger (I'm not sure about the latter). You'll probably get your wish with the kind you have. Sounds like a beautiful finished product when it's done.

Is anyone going to try to extract the vanilla?

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I will just be thrilled if I get a bloom.

Kirbyville, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh My what a beautiful orchid!! I have been trying to win a vanilla orchid forever!! Was this on EBay??? oh I also noticed all the daylilies, the back ground....did you win those as well....hmmm definitely a plant junkie!! just like me! hahahaha! Debra~

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I got the orchid on ebay from suncoastorchids. Super nice people. They have the variegated vanilla orchid up frequently. And there were three plants in the pot, so I am sending one to a friend. The daylilies I got from gulfhaven daylilies in Gulfport Miss. They have a great website and a great reputation. Her daylilies were all three or four fans instead of the usual two. She sent great bonuses too.

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

I need help with orchid question, I have an Cruciform orchid and it is getting too tall for my small greenhouse, top shelf it is almost 20" tall just one straight stem with leaves will it be OK just to put it in the room in a 75 temp, and will it ever bloom.

Doris

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I got one to bloom inside last year. I have them in my kitchen window over the sink. They get a regular spritz with a misting bottle with distilled water and superthrive.

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

thanks rylaff

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.