Using old doors in the garden

Carencro, LA(Zone 8b)

We just had a new back installed in our home, and I want to use the old one in my garden. Anyone have any pictures of ways they've used an old door. The top part of this door in big pane of glass, with wood on the bottom. I wasnted it more for architecture than being functional, but functional, in a way, might be pretty cool, too. I'm afraid of birds flying into it, so I was thinking of planting some Morning Glories around it to climb on it, or dangle from it so they didn't fly into the glass. Do not want the wildlife hurting themselves on it. I've attached a picture of the door so you can kind of see what it looks like. Beneath the Leopard scraves is the window, that entire section is glass. Maybe it would be better to remove the glass? Thank you for your thoughts and ideas, and I appreciate you taking the time to post.

Thumbnail by grayse2
This thread has 25 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!