Geum 'Harker's Magnificum'

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Can anyone help me locate this plant, my wife fell in love with a photo of the flowers and I haven't found many listings and no availability. Thank you.

Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

Could it possibly be Starker's Magnificum?

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Yes, that's it.....I am looking for that rascal. Thank you mickgene.

Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

Glad it's the right one.

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

HUGE help, it is often useful to actually KNOW the name of a plant one is looking for...lol. Thank you once again.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8b)

I have just ordered this plant from Digging Dog Nursery - they have it and it is in stock! Hope this helps!
Jamie

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

I knew this place would work. Since my wife and I subscribed recently we've had nothing but marvelous assistance. Thank you Jamie....

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Order placed for 3...thank you very much. Also found Salvia sinaloensis, been looking for that and Salvia sagittata for almost a month...I'm very grateful for your assistance. My wife will be stoked!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8b)

drdon - isn't this place the best...I am so glad to have been able to help...hope your wife loves the plants..:)
Jamie

edited for spelling...oops

This message was edited Mar 3, 2005 1:39 PM

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Jamie, you were a huge help, and thank you very much. If you know any Salvia nuts out there I could really use some direction toward a sagittata and a candelabrum. I will post a new thread if necessary....thank you sooo much Jamie, and you are right, this place is fabulous!

Don

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Jamie, thanks for the link to that plant site. I just checked it out and it's awesome.

Don, let us know how nice the plants were from Digging Dog.

Donna

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

I will Donna, I'm still rather stunned at all of the assistance available on this site. Jamie, mickgene, and so many others have been super. In each of the different forums I've posted questions to, I've found answers within a day. It's an interactive encyclopaedia! What a blast.

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Don, you have described DG very well ..."An interactive encyclopedia". Now you see why I've been a member for 4 yrs.? I have learned so much from all of these wonderful people.

Donna

Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

And you drdon have already contributed so much in your short time here, with all your garden art as inspiration for me, too. It's not only an encyclopedia, but also, the source of many creative juices!
Michele

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Thanks mickgene, We'll see how creative I am on this next project...lol. Could have been a fluke on the fence. Digging Dog Nursery delivered 3 very happy Geum 'Starker's Magnificum' and three Salvia sinaloensis. All plants were in good condition and will be set out this weekend after a short period of inspection. YOU GUYS ROCK!

thanks so much to all,
Don

Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

Happy planting, you lucky Zone 8b'er. If the snow finishes melting today...
Glad to know about Digging Dog. I've seen them referenced in Fine Gardening, but never ordered from them.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8b)

drdon ~ I am so glad the plants were there, and that all went well with your order...I have always had good luck with Digging Dog Nursery, glad you did too. I would love to see pics of your Geums when in bloom...:)
Jamie

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya jamie68,

you've got a deal. They went in the ground today after ample inspection for critters. I will certainly share pics with you....you are the reason my wife is so doggone jazzed about our driveway border. We mixed Starker's magnificum with a variety called Mango surprise or Mango merenge..I've got the tag somewhere...lol. So thanks so very much jamie, and thanks for the connection to Salvia sinaloensis, that was a REAL find, one of the few flowers on earth with close to a pure blue color. I cannot thank you enough for the tip. If you lived closer I'd drive a truckload of worm castings up to your garden. Btw, Pam and I are driving through your area in September. We are going to Spruce Meadows this fall and driving down the coast back home. Would love to buy you a cup of coffee or tea or a boatload of Canadian whiskey....lol. Thanks jamie. Btw...is Olympia beer still around up there?...lol.

Don

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8b)

Don ~ You and Pam are welcome to stop buy, tour the garden (such that it is ..lol), and share a meal, and some great plant talk..:) I would be delighted to meet you, as long as you bring pics of the garden...just kidding...delighted either way!!

Let me know dates as it gets closer...what fun! Gotta love DG, and all the great fellow garden-aholics I have met here.

Olympia beer...gone..:( Now made in Texas or something...go figure....

Jamie

Thumbnail by jamie68
Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Wow, great pic!

When is a garden ever done?

I love that scarlet yarrow! And the Echinacaea has a place in any border. We collect medicinal/ ethnobotanicals for our own use. Nothing like going out into the garden for the exact cure for a sore throat or the sniffles. We have a little trouble with some of the humidity-lovers like Gotu-Kola and Goldenseal, but we're working on it.

We're driving to Calgary, Canada, to Spruce Meadows. We have a horse in training in B.C., his name is Woodstock Magic. We think he may actually have a chance to perform well in the show-jumping arena this year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.