Cistus in bloom

Spring Valley, CA(Zone 10a)

I think this is the first time I've posted in this forum. Anyway, here is a Cistus (Rock Rose) in bloom. I don't know what species it is. I never water it. I have three or four other kinds around the yard.

-Ron-

Thumbnail by RWhiz
Rohnert Park, CA(Zone 9a)

I have seen pics of your garden, I am just floored every time you post...incredible job.

Spring Valley, CA(Zone 10a)

Here's another Rock Rose with bigger blooms.

-Ron-

Thumbnail by RWhiz
Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

RWhiz, that IS great. Re: top photo looks like cistus skanbergii which is one of my favorites also. I'm using it a lot right now, starts really well from cuttings. I'm not big on cacti and dry stuff (after a couple of years in Az.),but your property could convince me. I've not seen cistus used around cactus like that, and it's wonderful, gives a softer effect. You obviously have a gift!

This message was edited Jul 9, 2006 8:28 PM

Boerne new zone 30, TX(Zone 8b)

The second rock rose looks more like the one I have. I haven't seen the first one with such light blooms.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I have problems with cistus sweet broom and spanish broom, I water too much or not enough, I don`t know but I grew it with my x husband, in the crap same zone, it dies here within a few weeks. I even put one in a huge pot, it died too. It grows in the desert wild with little water(spanish broom). Ichecked the soil ph, it was ok?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.