apple crisp apple trees???help locate

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

My neighbor ask me to ask if anyone has ever heard of these-apple crisp apple trees and if so where can you get them
I have NO clue on this one!!!

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I have emailed RainTree Nursery here in washington state, as they specialize in fruit trees, vines, and the like. I have yet to hear back from them. I'll let ya know if they are able to shed any light on this.
Sure couldn;t find anything on the Net, other than a million apple crisp recipes :-)

Marc

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

There is apple tree variety called Honeycrisp. You need to ask your neighbot for more information.

BetyDee

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 5a)

The Honeycrisp™ apple is the very best apple I have ever eaten (and it's not because Honeycrisp™ was bred here in the state of MN). The Honeycrisp™ apple is the finest apple available for eating fresh - explosively crisp and juicy with a sweet/tart flavor.

When the Honeycrisp™ trees first started to produce apples, the apples sold for $1.00 each and there was not enough supply to meet the demand. Now that the trees are maturing, and are starting to bear quite a bit of fruit, you can find Honeycrisp™ apples in the local grocery stores in the fall.

Here is more information about the Honeycrisp™ Apple:

http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/horticulture/components/5877_01.html

There are a number of apples that make good apple crisp, but here are a couple of favorites: Haralson (another MN apple) and Granny Smith. Both of these apples are of firm-texture and are slightly tart which is why they are good candidates for apple crisp.

I agree, you need to find out if you are looking for an apple to eat fresh or if you want an apple to make apple crisp.
Mike

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

thanks everyone-i passed the info on to my neighbors!!! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.