Rice paper plant showing up here there and everywhere.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I planted one rice paper plant last year. There are at least 10 springing up in my yard, one is about 15 feet from the mother plant. I dont guess I mind, but they are aggressive little buggers, arent they?

Thumbnail by rylaff
Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Kind of reminds me of my elephant ears and passionflower vines. They show up all over the yard.

Osage City, KS(Zone 5b)

It would be a nice surprise to find one in my yard....... These are the kind of plants us Midwesterners would love to have pop up all over the yard......

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

http://www.aogc.org/shade/000110.html

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Interesting reading. If anyone just has to have this plant, I can certainly help them out.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

This is toooooo funny. I had been looking for dogs ages for seeds for this and I found someone who had them and traded for them. Can't wait to plant some.
:) Donna

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Lisa,
How big does your plant get?
Patti

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Last year was my first year growing it. I got it as a very small plant. It got to be about 4 feet tall. The leaves did die on it, but the stem remained viable. It has started leafing out again and is close to 5 feet tall already. The babies, of which there are at least 9 or 10 are quite small right now. The lady who gave me mine has them in her back yard and they are quite large.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Lisa. I just love the leaves on the them. Can you put them in a large pot?

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I imagine but they probably wont get as large.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I would absolutely love one/some if you are wanting to get rid of them.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Lisa

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

What I will do is dig them up and put them in a pot (sometimes they die when they are dug up). If they do okay, I will send them out.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Lisa,
If you are planing to get rid of one or two I woulbe interested in them. . I can do a trade or postage.
Patti

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Patti, I will dig up all the extras and see how they do . If they all make it, I should have plenty. Will let you know.

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Lisa are you coming to the spring Florala swap April 2?? Same palce as last year. Have you heard anything from Hugo lately??

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Lisa,

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Donna, I probably have to work that weekend so unless I find someone to trade with, I wont make it. I wish I could. I havent talked to him in a while. I hope he is okay. We went to breakfast a while back. I emailed him to let him know when the master gardeners sale is, but I have not heard back from him. Hmmmm. Might better holler at him.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.