Must see places in the UK....................

Pernis RT, Netherlands(Zone 8a)

Hi,
I just saw that there was a British forum at Daves, so I thought I pop in and ask you a question.
Since I'm married to an Englishman I go to England quite regularly and I was thinking about visiting the Eden project in Cornwall when where coming over this summer.
We do have to take a bit of a detour to go there, so I was wondering is it worth it?

I'll be spending time in the lake district, Abingdon (Oxford-area) and Dorset so any recommendations for these areas are very welcome as well.
Thanks,
Agnes

Agnes

I've yet to go there myself, but from the sheer size and the reviews it has had its definitly on my 'want to go there this year' list.

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

agnes

if you email me your address I will send you a leaflet that covers gardens to visit in the UK

Mark

Macclesfield, CHESHIRE(Zone 8a)

Hi Agnes,

Suggestions for places to visit: Lake District is just one mass of staggering scenery - whereever you stop. There is seed company based in Ulverston (Chiltern Seeds). Dont know if they accept visitors but it might interesting to check it out.

Oxford has the Universities and their "Dreaming Spires" and although its a bit further afield, you could try Kew Royal Botanical Gardens 10 miles to west of London and the Royal Horticultural Society garden at Wisley in Surrey (even further west of London).

Mark seems to have the "gardens to visit" angle covered.

Have a good trip.

El Tel

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

You must come to see my roses-they are out of this world this year, last year was just non-stop rain.

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

your booklet is going in the post tomorrow morning.

Mark

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

just thought i'd post this was in my magazine and eltel mentioned visiting Chiltern Seeds:

"Seed firm Thompson & Morgan is preparing to throw open the gates of its trial grounds on 4-5 August. All visitors to the open weekend will receive a free packet of seeds, and there will be chances to put questions to experts. for more details and directions to the trial grounds, call the company on (01473) 688821."

lil

Essex, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Kew Gardens is a must - rain or shine it's absolutely worth any detour - BUT - it's a full day. The Eden project is well worth a visit.
Ros

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Hi Agnes

I,m from Dorset, and I might be a bit biased but it,s a beautiful county, what sort of places are you after, gardens to visit ? or I could send you some leaflets if you,ll let me know what interests you.

Sue

Pernis RT, Netherlands(Zone 8a)

Thanks everyone I'm off first thing in the morning!

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

oh, great! Bon voyage, hope you have fun.

lil

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.