I, Too, Say Hello

Northern, IN

I'm glad to see this Forum.

I hope that by sharing my experiences I can help others because I believe that he succeeds best who helps others succeed.

This message was edited Feb 28, 2005 2:40 PM

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Glad to have you join us.... I'm always looking for ways to adapt, and if someone has already found a solution and is willing to share, then I don't have to try to reinvent the wheel! Thanks for the lead on your thread...I'll review it right away. Yuska

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

I think that it is horrible that this forum had to be reopened with the posting of a previous thread that ended up in with a bunch of hard feelings and name-calling. I do not think that this should have been allowed. I, as a newbie and disabled, was really looking forward to this forum. But since I was redirected, by dwdruley, in the very first post, to a situation that occurred in the past and was not very helpful to anyone, I have had second thoughts. You even speak of your thread as having an "inevitable death". Why would you want all of us that have never read it to read it? Why post such a thread. All it has done is to run people like me away. Who wants to be friends with someone that only stirs up past hurts?

JesseK

Northern, IN

I'm sorry JesseK;

That was thoughtless of me. I just wasn't thinking when I rushed to make my initial post. Give me a second chance to prove that I am not really that kind of person.

I simply let some past hard feelings get the best of me. We all make mistakes and thanks to you I now realize that I've made one.

Warm regards and Thanks,
Dave

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

JesseK, I felt the same way after reviewing Dave's thread to which we were directed. I thought to myself "Ouch! Stay away from this!" But since Dave is willing to make a fresh start, maybe all of us can. Let's channel our mental and emotional energies towards ways of coping with our physical shortcomings.

I sincerely hope that I never become so annoyed with anyone in DG that I would feel compelled to comment harshly. I remind myself that starting a thread does not constitute ownership but does carry the responsibility of oversight. All of us can use "Preview" not only to check for typos, but as a chance to see our words as other DGer's will see and feel them. Yuska

Northern, IN

Thanks Yuska;

I will reflect on and learn from your post, as well.

Dave

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

Dw … in an earnest attempt to patch an unpleasant situation, that I most sincerely feel should not continue to be a hindrance or dissuasion to other disabled folks that are trying to share their common interests with one another - - I, therefore, have visited the referenced thread, and have edited or removed all of my replies that [were] in no way associated to ‘disabled’ gardeners.

Also .. Dw .. with the removal of my replies/posts - - please know, that I do not desire for any repercussions to remain .. that may risk possibly reflecting badly for/on you – so I urge, rather request .. of you also, to visit the same thread and edit/remove similar posts.

Perhaps these such threads .. may progress as they were initially intended.

- Magpye

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

You might edit your first post, David. I thought the same thing..."ouch!".

Northern, IN

I've just finished editing and want to thank you both for the suggesstion.

Dave

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you for editting the post Dave. I think more people will enjoy reading it now.

JesseK

Northern, IN

Thanks JesseK;

That's the least I can do to for you (and others). I'm heartened that a couple of my friends stepped forward to help me (also a relatvie newbie) out of a very awkward and unhappy situation. Again, I apologize.

Sincerely,
Dave

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.