Spring on the 'Blossom Trail'

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Headed east of Sanger toward the Sierras first, partly cloudy day. Promised to be beautiful. Plum orchard was first.

Thumbnail by jcangemi
Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

It was a little hazy, but finally got a good view of Sierras, as I headed for orchards in the foothills.

Thumbnail by jcangemi
Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

These next two were right at the base of a hill on Hwy 180 on way to Sequoia National Park.

Thumbnail by jcangemi
Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

2nd shot

Thumbnail by jcangemi
Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Then it was south on 63 to Orange Cove on the 'Orange Blossom Trail' part of the trek. Harvesting is in full swing. . .lots of trucks. But first, some beautiful scenery in between orchards.

Thumbnail by jcangemi
Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Same valley, looking south. It was so gorgeous and peaceful up there. . .I guess nobody else wanted to see that part, since the oranges aren't in bloom yet. Boy did they miss out.

Thumbnail by jcangemi
Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Headed east on Manning Ave. toward Reedley. . .different colors...this pink was so intense. Parked on the street with a white cloud of blooms on one side and this brilliant pink on the other.

Thumbnail by jcangemi
Modi'in, Israel

what a fun day that must've been! Your photo #5 is really lovely!

-Julie

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Forgot one up in that valley.

Thumbnail by jcangemi
Modi'in, Israel

my goodness....that's really lovely too!

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Found some friends along the Kings River . . . as soon as I pulled over to get a shot of them in the pasture there, they came right over. . .

Thumbnail by jcangemi
Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

They must have thought I had sugar cubes, carrots, or something. .

Thumbnail by jcangemi
Modi'in, Israel

ahhhhhhhh that first shot of the horses is very smile inducing .... see.... :-)

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Their friends in the next pasture. . .this ranch reminds me of many I saw when I lived near Lexington, Ky., everytime I drive by there. It's just beautiful.

Thumbnail by jcangemi
Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Then up a mile or two to the Kings River just below Pine Flat Dam. . . . spent many afternoons here playing while my Dad & brothers were fly-fishing in the river. . .many moons ago. . . ;-D (smiling)

Thumbnail by jcangemi
Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Another shot of the river. . .this spot is called Piadra. . . no orchards up here, just green, green hills.

Thumbnail by jcangemi
Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

The last one on my way home. . .a lone Oak. It was a most enjoyable and relaxing afternoon. . .I forget what beauty we have right in our 'backyard', none of these shots were more than 30-40 mins. away. I continue to be impressed with the amount of food produced in this valley, though I know other places produce alot also, but when I drive through the farmland areas, it is a good reminder of the land's ability to 'give in abundance'.

To put it in Dave's words each day: "And that's the way it was on the Blossom Trail 2/25/2005" Hope you'all enjoy it as much as I did. ;-D Janet

Thumbnail by jcangemi
Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Julie, glad you enjoyed them. . .I must have been grinning ear to ear when those horses came over. I was so tickled, I guess I bent my husband's ear off when I got home.

Modi'in, Israel

Janet, I would have been grinning like a little girl too. I could almost feel those velvety soft horse noses when I looked at the pic of them up close :-). I really love your second to last shot too! What a gorgeous scene that is! And the spot where your brother and father used to fly fish....when I saw that, I immediately thought of a wonderful camping trip and fishing LOL! You must have lovely memories of that spot :-)

-Julie

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Janet, these are wonderful photos. California has places to reflect anyplace else in the nation. And the green the hills turn in a rainy winter season is truly an amazing thing to see.

No favorites, but I do love the way you showed both sides of the road's flowers. Will use that method one of these days. Well, maybe that last shot, rather wonderful arrangement there. ~Blooms

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi Janet, thanks for sharing your part of the world with us. Your pictures are lovely.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Janet, what a lovely drive you took me on... Thanks!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Janet, thanks so much, just beautiful.
Sidney

Atascadero, CA(Zone 8a)

Blooms, se_eds, darius, Sidney, it was a lovely way to spend an afternoon. . glad I did it on Friday. . .I hear the sound of rain drops as I type. . .but, I guess that's why those hills are so green. Glad you enjoyed the ride. ;-D Janet

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

And then, there will be the wildflowers in March, Janet?

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

janet--just loved your pics--all those beautiful plum trees and what was the pink flowered tree? Do you know? Thanks for posting your pictures. t.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.