IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

My Ameracauna chicken of previously unknown sex named Henry/Henrietta is a HEN after all!!! I had been suspecting her laying instincts had kicked in as she recently [last week] made several nests in her house. We got her as a few days old chick in late Spring last year so she's a little less than a year old.

DH found her first egg today!! It is not greenish/blue but is a light beige. What a beautiful sight!!
I am sooo excited and happy!!!

I know you guys think we're stupid that we couldn't tell what sex she was but as never having chickens before, we did not know for sure. Everyone told us she should have started laying eggs months ago but she never did, so we thought she was a he- LOL!! And.... she is soo big that everyone thought she was a rooster.

YEAH!!! Fresh eggs for DH!! God is so good to us!

This thread has 21 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!