Adding information next to the thumbnail photo

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I still, even with Terry's expert help, have not been able to find the way to put a written plant description at the top of the page next to the thumbnail of my photos when I enter them. I have a little trouble navigating at the very best. I know that it will be obvious but I need help anyway.

Thanks.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

doss, I'm not sure what you mean by putting a description next to the thumbnail. (maybe it's me who needs help ;o)

The details (height, spacing, hardiness, etc.) are created through a series of checkboxes. If you create an entry, you are given an opportunity to "set all details" after the entry has been successfully submitted. You can complete as few or many of the various fields as you are comfortable doing. It's perfectly fine to leave some of the areas blank if you're not sure - someone else can come along later and fill in the blanks.

If you're viewing an older entry, you'll see a blue "unknown - tell us" beneath any empty fields. If you click on that blue statement, you'll see it takes you to the checkboxes for that area.

Now, if you're talking about creating a caption to go above an image, that needs to be done at the time the image is submitted - you'll find a text box where you can add information about the image - where or when it was taken, the age of the plant at the time of the image, etc.

Does that help? Or not?

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

My problem is that I couldn't find the text box. I have a learning disablility and sometimes I just can't sort through things very well. Could you tell me where the box is more specifically? I would really appreciate it. I should have told you this before - but sometimes I try to get around it. You should see grocery store clerks when I ask them to go with me to Aisle 3 find the soy sauce. You would think that I would have learned by now.

I do the best I can.

Thanks

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Doss,
I think you have been doing great. I think what you are talking about is you want to see what you write about the photo you add on the photo or beside it on the PF entry page. You have been doing great about adding the comment to your photo about who it belongs to etc. But you have to click on the photo to see that information. It won't show up on the picture itself or beside the picture in the entry.

Hope that helps.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I guess I'm having a hard time explaining this. If I find an example, I'll send a link. Thanks again.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Terry and Mystic,

This kind of a note is what I'm wondering about. Do you enter it in the space that says describe this image in 20 words or less?

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/27307/

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Doss,
Yes you add it when you are adding the photo in that space you are talking about. Glad we figured out what you where wanting.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Ah, you mean it's the 200 words that are OK to enter? (LOL) No wonder I didn't get it. I'm such a literal rule-bound person. Time to shake it out a little, huh?
Thanks a million

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images