just chatting

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

I finally got a web domain and started an online store for the greenhouse. I wont be advertising it at daves garden. Cost too much right now.
I was going to list veggie plants in the store but didnt know if they would sale very well online. Will they?
So all i listed was perennials.
I use to sell tropical ferns but didnt order any this year.
Shipping plants cost alot. Thought about selling plug plants so the shipping weight would be lower but dont know if folks would be interested. What do you think?
Just trying to come up with ideas for the store sales. If you got any ideas---tell me.

cricket

This message was edited Feb 25, 2005 6:09 AM

This message was edited Feb 25, 2005 6:25 AM

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Several companies sell plugs. I think the trick is to get them sold early in the year giving them the chance to grow. I have actually been looking at some of them just to get them at a lower cost and grow them out myself.

Have you seen what Burpee and some of those companies sell six packs of veggies and annuals for??? I'm not sure of the best way to advertise though to make it cost effective.

Will you send me the link for your site? I'd love to look!

You can also set up a DG store. I believe it is free to set it up, then DG gets a small percentage from what you make. There are people here with stores that trade for things of like value and also sell through their stores. So far as I know, that is fine so long as you don't "sell" here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.