I Just Won This One...

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I am going to stop looking (I have been saying that for years...)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4359038972

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I was watching that one and thinking about bidding on it also. Glad you got it. I love variegated plants.

Wow, that's pretty. Let us know when you propagate it for trading!

Joseph

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

You'll love that one! The regular is pretty, but these are a knockout! Mine(different ones) all come back faithfully each year...
Let me knowif you get an itch to collect thunbergia...I think it may have already started! lol...
-T

Taylor,

What Thunbergias do you have? I love them....Melva, you're right, Taylor *is* an "enabler" LOLOL!

Joseph

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

i got one from her too........i just hope mine makes it, very very small roots.....i have my fingers and toes crossed....lol......has anyone done them from seed?...i think if i can find some seeds i am gonna try them

congrats
cindy

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

That's so pretty. There was a white one that I loved!!! Missed out though.
Really do need to stop looking!!!

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I just have one other one, or had, I think it died, as it was in a fairly small pot...maybe not, as they do tend to come back from the roots, right? I have it recorded as Blue Sky Thunbergia, is that right? It is a pretty thing!

Thumbnail by melvatoo
Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Melva, your last pic looks like thunbergia battiscombei.
I love your variegated blue sky!
Donna

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Melva-
Yes you have the battiscombei, like Donna said. It will come back from the roots, and is pretty easy to propagate either by cuttings, or very easy by layering nodes on the ground...
I've seen it sold as a vine, but it performs more like a short scrambler for me(like some clematis). I let mine scramble throught some bushes.
I guess you could train it to climb, but seems to be happier flopping along the ground! lol...

Did Karen tell you we are all planning on Wedensday, now??
-T

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I had my eyes on it to but of course didn't bid. It's a beauty! Glad you won it!
:) Donna

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

LOL, I just had one up for auction, no takers, it's now about 3 feet tall with blooms all over it. I'm just going to enjoy it LOL

kathy

San Diego, CA

Melva, geez, thanks a lot. I had to go and look to see what you bought and saw the P. Coccinea on there and had to have it. Guess you know what I did next.
Mark

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I just got the thunbergia mysorensis from her. It had buds on it when it arrived.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Boulder Creek, CA(Zone 9a)

I MUST have one!

...cuttings in a few months?

drooling...

variegted freek!

Steve

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Just awsome Mel, you will love it and any others you may collect in the future. I have several myself and have tried to germinated seed of the white one. We will have to wait and see if they come up. I just planted them so I won't know for several more days yet.
I know Robin will send you a nice plant I have bought from her and was able to go to her home and pick up my Charles G Brug and it was everything she said it would be. It had one open bloom and several buds on it when I bought it, this photo is what it looked a just a few months later.While there I looked around at all the beautiful plants she had and just wished I could get more. But many were listed and bids were already on the so I had to wait. So don't hesitate to buy for her.

Thumbnail by WillowWasp

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.