Business Insurance

Churubusco, IN(Zone 5b)

My insurance company is giving me the run around...those of you who own greenhouse businesses - what insurance company do you use?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

You hit the nail on the head, Run Around Insurance Company.
We gave up a long time ago to get insurance!
Just have to get every kind of thing you need to make sure you don't have a disaster.
We have a portable generator for each greenhouse, so we can run furnaces if power lines go down. We have used them numerous times.
We also have remote thermometers in each house. They are close to my bed & have alarms if the temp gets to low. These have went off a few times also.
Those items pretty well take care of keeping plants from freezing.
As for damage to greenhouse from storms, keep your fingers crossed!
Bernie

Churubusco, IN(Zone 5b)

Bernie, are you a Sole proprietor, S corp, limited liability...etc ? I'm more concerned about people sueing me if they fall or something.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We don't get many people at our farm, but we do have a liability policy for that.
Liability is covered by a joint policy at the Farmers Market.
We run our business as a farm.
Bernie

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

I dont have insurance. If every thing is cleaned up , the only reason they would fall is if they fell over their own two feet. I just cant aford insurance right now. Even if i could, it just seems like a waste of money. And if something happened to my plants---it would be counted as a loss at the end of the year. I know everyone has their own opinion on this subject but this one is mine and im sticking to it. Plus, I have greenhouse on my own property and my Home property insurance covers someone falling down and getting hurt no matter where they fall down at. No point in paying twice.

Churubusco, IN(Zone 5b)

Thanks. Ours is an S corp and we "rent" an acre from ourselves for the business. I think I'll call the insurance sales rep and see if we can add a liability rider to our homeowners policy.

Willacoochee, GA(Zone 8b)

hortica insures greenhouse operations.
you have to make $150,000 a year tho

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.