Poly carb panels ???

Dansville, NY(Zone 6a)

Has anyone dealt with this company just buying the panels and hardware ?
https://www.sundancesupply.com/index2.html

Are there prices in the ball park ?

last year I spec'ed one out , lean-to type, came to like 1200 bucks and
shipping was only like 130 bucks ..
I cant remember the size i used , lost my quote print out ..

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

Have you thought about just goin down to home depot or lowes and buying fiberglass panels about $15 for 2x8 last long long long long time. comes in clear---green----or smoked.

Acton, TN(Zone 7a)

I used Sundance Supply 3-wall white for the roof of my courtyard. I wanted good insulation & part shade. Good stuff, easy to work with. I also add shade cloth in summer though because it really holds the heat in. Make sure you get enough slope on it >5 degrees. I've also used the single layer corrugated polycarbonate, vinyl & fiberglass from Lowe's which is much cheaper if you don't need the insulation value. Picture of courtyard roof attached. Here's a link on my page for other glazing options: http://h2othouse.com/html/greenhouse_glazing.html -Joz.

Thumbnail by jozeeben
Dansville, NY(Zone 6a)

I was thinking of using the panels from lowes also, but i do want the insulation
factor up there . I could still add poly film to the inside of the GH .

any one have input on the plastic 6mm rolls that home depot and lowes sells ?
that have it marked on the box not for greenhouse use . is it becouse its not
UV protected ?

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

Check out FarmTek if you haven't already. FarmTek.com

League City, TX(Zone 9a)

Too bad you are so far away from Texas. I built a greenhouse last fall with the help of DH and two friends. A poly carbonate supplier replied to my DG search for someone local. Prices were very reasonable compared to the mail order folks and they delivered it free to my front door.
Attaching a photo of the finished project! I used all twin wall polycarbonate. It's not perfect but I think it turned out great for amateur builders. 9 x 16 with 8ft walls!
I did use Sundance Supply's building instructions and ad libbed (a lot) when I had to.
If you are close to a large city someone will have polycarbonate in stock.
Susan

Thumbnail by NightBloomer54
League City, TX(Zone 9a)

One more photo. The U channel is a booger to work with especially in tight quarters.

Thumbnail by NightBloomer54
Dansville, NY(Zone 6a)

I havent found anything around here and there is a big city only 50 miles away.
here is a computer generated of what i would like to build. Lean-to style GH.

Thumbnail by VbSparky
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I think we would ALL love to have that one! That is beautiful. For years I have coveted the eat in sunroom at Arby's! LOL

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

Hi VBSparky,
You might check out this source:
http://www6.mailordercentral.com/igcusastore/products.asp?dept=1034

I am looking for some polycarb myself, just haven't made my final plans yet. The 16 mm triple wall offers the best visibility and insulation, but of course the price is high. We are hoping to pick ours up in Illinois to save on crating and shipping charges, but that is pretty far off, so we may just pay the price.
Do you have a Hummert's near you? The one in St. Louis has some polycarb, but not the size we want.
Farmtek is the cheapest per sheet, be sure to check that out if you go with twinwall: http://www.farmtekcatalog.com/0309.asp
Good Luck, I will be watching this thread to see how it goes. I will let you know if I get some!

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

Also, FarmTek has free shipping if you order over a certain amount. When I got my gh last fall, it was $250, got a catalog the other day that said $500. But the new customer might get the better rate, not sure. They also have offered 10 o/o off to new customers for orders over certain amounts. If you order a catalog, they include flyers with that information on it. Or you could call 1-800-327-6835
and ask a sales rep. Tracy Miller was my sales rep, and he was very nice and helpful.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.