"Bible Garden" markers I made...

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

This is one of about a dozen bible garden markers I made last year. The writing is beginning to fade(it was just a sharpie pen), but the ribbon and rest of the paint are still their original color.

I need to find a black paint pen, and re-write them. I got the idea from an article in garden magazine last year. I bought the aluminum sheets at the hardware store, along with the little aluminum rods. I made a pattern out of a cardboard piece of a cereal box, and traced over the aluminum sheets. I cut them with tin snips. Really sharp ones, too! They are the scissor style ones, not the ones that have sort of curved/bowed blades...those wouldn't cut straight, and messed them up...

Then I painted them with acrylic paints and finished with a clear coat. The little ribbons are hot glued from the backside and looped through the tiny hole that the rod pokes through.

I wrote different things on all of them, but all of them were scriptures. Most had to do with the plant and its connection with the bible, although this one was at the front door, so felt this particular scripture was appropriate for that area...
-T

Thumbnail by seedpicker_TX
This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!