Problems,problems,problems-Need Help!

Stockport, OH(Zone 6b)

I have purchased a new hard drive for my computer (80 GB) but have so many things wrong with it at present think I better straighten up some things before attempting it. I'm running xp pro
1st problem) my games folder (windows games) has completely disappeared- I tried the fix for a
hidden games folder that is on this forum but there is not ghost copy of it there!

2nd problem) IE doesn't open- I am using firefox (and happy with it) but need IE to run PC Pitstop,
and a few other programs, the shortcut is still there but when I double click it the
little egg timer shows up for a few seconds and then stops-I've tried the add/delete
programs through the control
panel to set IE back as default browser but then I can't even get on the internet!
WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!
3rd problem) Not a problem really, a question- I have sp1 installed and sp2 on disk. If I do a clean
install of windows on the new harddrive will I still have to re-do all the updates and
sp1 again? The new hard drive is a Western Digital with Data Lifeguard tools, says
I can transfer everything from the old hard drive to the new with it-anyone have
any experience with this program?

Thanks for any advice, I'm not completely computer illiterate, just enough to mess everything up! :)

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!