Sowed Poppy Seeds Today (30 Degrees)

Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Yes, I am in full-fledged rebellion now against Old Man Winter. So what if the wind was whipping straight through my coat??? What of it if it started to snow while I was out there with my little pack of seeds?

I stood there -- defiant against the piercing windchill -- and watered my new little half whiskey barrel of poppy seeds with a watering can!!! Blow, wind, blow! I WILL GARDEN ON............................................

Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

ME TOO!ME TOO!! We were probably standing in the frigid wind at EXACTLY the same time LOL!! I was sowing them in a big ole pot on the deck,in the snow.

Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL -- golgi.... Spring will come whether it feels like it lately or not :)

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Huga,

I'm with you. Darn wind can blow and the seeds are still going to go in the ground. I want to get some poppy seed in the ground also soon.

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

So, we plant poppies right in the ground? Not in seed flats? I want some too... at least it's sunny today and no wind! t.

Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Yes, tabasco, they are a seed you can "broadcast". By that I mean that you can just throw em where you want them and they'll grow :) Now that's my kind of seed! They actually need a little wet & cold, so go ahead and throw them out there now :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.