Rainy Day Robin

Orangeville, PA(Zone 6a)

Okay, so I decided to do my first robin! Yesterday was such a BLAH day, rainy and cold...thus the name! So...50 seed packets later, I'm ready to send her out now! E-mail me your name and address so I can put together a plan. Deadline is March 1st. Tracking number, insurance optional. No extra gifts necessary, just a plain ole fashioned 'replace what you take' robin. I will count to see if there are 50 when she flies home, so please be honest!!! The only other thing I ask is if you have to put in duplicates, please limit them to two, as I would like to keep as great a variety as she has now. E-mail me!

Jenn

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

jenn count me in my addy i will email to you i will be away from feb 23-march 10 send me round robin after that date thanks for including me and good luck with your RR

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I'm in - sounds like fun. Mitch
check you email for add

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

I'd love to join also. Doris

as i run into the house soaked... so cal is getting drenched.. must be a sign..

count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leesville, SC(Zone 8a)

Me too Jenn - sending my addy now.

Rhonda

Orangeville, PA(Zone 6a)

OK...got: mainroses, 75154, djm906, EskieLeia, and sheran so far.... :) Keep sending those e-mails for the robin, folkes! :)

Cary, NC(Zone 7a)

Hello,

Please count me in, let me know what you might like.....

Peter

Orangeville, PA(Zone 6a)

Okay, got you too, Yankee! :) As far as what I would like, anything really! It'll be changed so much by the time it gets back to me anyhow, so whatever you would like to put in. When I receive a robin, often I look thru and pick out what I want, then count them up, then make up my own seed packets to throw back in, number taken out for number put back in. I just love robins!!! :)

Willamette Valley-OS, OR(Zone 8a)

I'll Participate Jenn.
Information is on it's Way.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Put me in... it's a addiction, but of all my addictions it's the most healthy one! Chocolate, shopping... you get the picture :)

Richland Center, WI(Zone 4a)

count me in

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Count me in also.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Hi flowernutt - to your advice and got in on this one too - I cannot wait until to get this started. Mitch

San Jose, CA(Zone 9b)

Count me in, please. Must be round robin weather!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

count me in also , my first robin , Thanks,
Carolyn

Orangeville, PA(Zone 6a)

K, got ya all! I think there's Robin Fever going around!!! This one I think will be flying really far and wide! Gonna have lot's of mileage on her!

Jenn

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Count me in! This will be my first RR this year. I loved the ones I did last year.

hello pins...... nice to see you... im in on this one tooo, nice to see when others plan these robins they are soooo fun,,,,,,

Ashton, IL(Zone 5a)

Hello, I'd like to join too!

Eileen

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

I would love to play too. Sending you my addy. Margie, aka Queen of Dirtland

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Please add me to your list,,,,,,,,,after a rainy week in the hospital, I think this is just the medicine I need.

"eyes"

Orangeville, PA(Zone 6a)

Hey everyone! Okay, so far these are the following states being represented in this robin:

Maine, Texas, Illinois, S Carolina, N Carolina, California, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, Tennesee, Utah, Georgia, and Wisconsin.

Wow, she's really gonna get some frequent flyer miles!! :)

Here are the people I have:
flowernutt drew_n_corinn yankee_rosarian
loudigger plant_fiend sheran
eileenmlamb yardbird eskieleia
pins2006 crimson dmj906
mdreams01 zztopsoil 75154
maineroses

Keep e-mailing me with your addresses (please don't post them here!)

How exciting....... :)

Danbury, NH(Zone 5b)

Hello
Please count me in...I will e-mail you my address.

Linda

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

I'd like to join, too.
Thanks,
Deb

Center, TX(Zone 8b)

Count me in! Love these robins.

Orangeville, PA(Zone 6a)

Okay, the Robin's flyin' out Thursday (weather permitting...)!!! I should have named this one "snowy day robin"... got a big snowstorm last night. Well, okay, not huge like a blizzard or anything, just enough to close the schools and make the roads a bit tricky. I made it to work, though, yay! I have everyone on the list now, including brendabloomer and momcat. I guess I'll leave it open today yet, just for any latecomers. Tell your friends!! :)

Orangeville, PA(Zone 6a)

THE ROBIN FLIES TOMORROW......

All I ask is that you please keep the robin moving...please don't keep her forever...be kind to the rest of the people on the list and get her back out in a timely manner. Also, please use a confirmation # so that she does not get "lost". If you could post the info on here that would be great (when you get it, when you send it out, and the confirmation #. Thanks to everyone who signed up! :) -Jenn-

Ashton, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi Jenn!

Can you post the route the robin is flying so we can all follow her progress?

Eileen

Danbury, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi
That would be a nice way of keeping me motivated!!
Linda

Orangeville, PA(Zone 6a)

Okay, so I lied..... She flew today, Friday, instead of Thursday! Sorry, guys...!

So anyhow, here's her confirmation#: 2300 2730 0000 4877 5426

Here's her flight pattern:

First, she'll be flying to Linda in New Hampshire. Then she'll be flying north to Robin, in Maine. Next, she'll be hitting the state of Illinois, visiting Doris, Eileen, and Deb (respectively). After her rounds in that state, it'll be on to cheese country, Wisconsin, to Tami. When she's done cuttin' the cheese, she'll be on her way to Drew in Utah. After Drew's done with her, then she'll be heading west to Lelan's home in Oregon. When she's listened to all of ZZTop(soil's) tunes, she'll be heading south to California, visiting first Sheran, then Angela. After catching some rays and doing some California dreamin', she'll head out to MS and see Ruth a while. Then Ruth will be sending her out to Texas, where everything's *bigger*! Whilst on her TX leg, she'll be flitting around to the gardens of Brenda, Jerrie, Mitch, and Margie (resp.) Whew, how tired Robin'll be after that state! *grin* Next, she'll be going to Carmen in Georgia, then Janet in Tennessee. By then, she'll be needing a vacation, surely, so she'll be heading to the beaches of South Carolina, stopping at Rhonda's house for a visit. Basking a bit in the rays and recharging, she'll be ready to start on her northerly trek home, stopping first in North Carolina to see Peter and Carolyn. AND THEN she'll be flying on home-again-home-again-jiggity-jog to Jenn in good ole' PA!

What a trip around the country (literally), eh? She's got her work cut out for her! Laden heavily with 50 seed packs in her gullet, she'll definately need that mini-vacation in the Carolinas! :)

Here's a hint on how to get into the box, hopefully preserving it so it'll last thru the whole adventure. DO NOT rip open the pull-tab thingie where it says, "to open" !!! Instead, try sliding a knife (or metal letter opener) under the sealing flap. Now they use some pretty strong glue on those things, so it'll probably be challenging. But if you can pry up that flap, the box will open and close beautifully! When you then resend it, all you should have to do is put a single piece of tape over the flap that you originally pryed open. This way maybe she won't be lagged down with all that tape! And all the address labels are self-stick so you probably won't need tape for that, either...just slap it right on top of the other one. Okay, so this is my *theory* of how to preserve the Robin's box...hopefully it will work! :) And if not, well, oh well, do what you have to, everyone!

Okay, so there you have it. Last but not least, don't forget the confirmation number, and to post her arrivals and departures so we can all follow along. This is my first Robin (hosting) so needless to say, I'm really excited (almost like a nervous mom, too!)

Enjoy, everyone! :)

Jenn

Oh just love that zz... and lets pray for sunshine in los angeles so the bird can kick back and get some SUN.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Too Cute, Jenn! Are you a travel agent? Margie

Danbury, NH(Zone 5b)

Hello
I'm watching the mail.........
this is fun
Linda

Danbury, NH(Zone 5b)

Hello

I received the BIRD on Mon.the 7th and as i e-mail this 3-8-05, it is on its way to Milo, Maine to visit Robin. I hope she is back home.
confirmation #....2301 0370 0000 6975 5558

bilyn(Linda)

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

that was fast , cool she is flying!!!

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Anyone know where this robin is?

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Here Robin, Here Robin, Robin Where are you girl?

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I just checked on usps.com and here is the message:

You entered 2301 0370 0000 6975 5558

Your item was delivered at 12:13 pm on March 10, 2005 in MILO, ME 04463. The item was signed for by R DAVIS.

Orangeville, PA(Zone 6a)

Robin is on her way to.........

SOUTH CAROLINA! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.