Welcome to the PlantFiles forum

This forum is intended to be used for the discussion of the PlantFiles feature of DG.

dave

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks to Dave for setting up this forum, and welcome to everyone who ventures in!

I hope this forum will stimulate a lot of good conversation about how each of us can use and contribute to PlantFiles.

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi everybody,

I think this forum is a great idea. How do people find it if they are not subscribed? I know it's for non-subscribed people too. Maybe a link on the PF home page would help? Could a link to the forum also be included in the FAQ?

Good ideas....(I beat you to the punch on the second one - I added it to the FAQ the other day ;o) Great minds think alike and all that *grin*

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Would you believe that I just found this forum??

Duh!! (Mel smacks herself on the forhead)

I'm glad you did - I hope that lots of other people find it soon, too!

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Don't smack yourself too hard Mel, you were 8 days ahead of me!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

This has probably been asked and answered several times but it's still a question for me :)

If I take photos of plants already in PF and submit them, how long - generally - would it be before they appear? I don't want to send un-necessary 'contact us' e-mails. Thanks !

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

It's usually no more than a couple of days unless you submit a bunch, and other folks submit a bunch too. This time of year experiences extremely traffic. There is an 'images pending' button on your homepage that you can click on and see what is still waiting to be released.

I sent a bunch last week and had to check my list every now and then to remind myself what was sent and what I hadn't uploaded yet. Still have several waiting...but it's no big deal, I may upload another herd in a day or two. I usually sit down and do this in groups, so I expect several to take a few days.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Thanks :) Now...where is that little button located on Home page?

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

On the Home page...go to 'my info' and scroll down . It will show you your contributions to PF, GWD, GBW, Garden Terms...other stuff...you'll see the line that says...Dea has xxx images pending. Click on that and you'll be able to see your images.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

well there it is! Thanks again :)

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

Melody,

Are most of your pictures from your own yard or do you take pictures in other places?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Our own yard and vacant lot.

So sorry Carla....I was busy and did not realize this post was for Melody :)

This message was edited Apr 19, 2005 5:43 PM

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Some are from my own yard, others are from around town and along the roadside.....the Wild Blue Phlox that I shot was in a woodsy creekbank along the road...no pull off to park a car. Keith pulled over (at my insistance) and let me out. I climbed down the creekbank and into the woods and set up and took my shots while he cruised up and down the road, turning around in a couple of church parking lots about 1/2 mile in either direction. When I was done, I climbed back on to the roadside and waited till he drove back by and hopped in the car. Took about 15 minutes to do it all.

Folks around here for about a 5 mile radius are used to me walking the fencerows and fields. The school next door owns about 15 acres with wooded areas on it too...that helps. The City Park has some great old trees...and I drive with one eye on the fields and farmland ...lots of great stuff there too. Just about everything I've photographed is within 5 miles of my home., and a great deal of it is on our 4 acres.

Do you have a spare bedroom? I want to move in. It sounds like heaven.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Yep, got two...you're welcome any time.

Here's another thread with some of my antics on it.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/450775/

Love that picture and the story that went along with it. I'm really wishing we were neighbors, Mel. We'd have so much fun together. :)

South Whitley, IN

Hi. I am new on this but I left a negative message on a problem I was having with my beautiful prayer plant. I just want to find out how I can help it because I don't want to loose it.

doey, welcome to Dave's Garden!

PlantFiles comments are designed to allow gardeners to add their opinion and information about plants they've grown, tried to grow - or even tried to kill ;o)

The PF notes are really not designed for gardeners to ask questions about the plant, and this forum is for users needing assistance in navigating or adding information to PlantFiles (a "how-to-use" forum.)

If you haven't yet taken a tour of Dave's Garden, here's a link: http://davesgarden.com/about/index.php?page=tour As you'll discover, we have dozens of discussion forums for gardeners around the world to seek and give each other advice and help with their plants and gardens.

If you'd like to participate in our forums, here is a link to the page where you can subscribe to them: http://davesgarden.com/prefs/sub.php

Terry

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images