My first iris bloom of 2005

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

it has been raining here for the past three days but I wanted to post a pic before it stopped blooming.
I got this one in a mixrd bag of bulbs from Wayside.

Thumbnail by cceamore
Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Wow Celeste! That's great!

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks I was excited because I have about four in bloom in different spots but they are so little and from a distance they just looked like really big Crocus and I was so excited when I saw they were actually iris.

more pics? purdy pleeeeaaase?!

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

I have a few more pics some are not iris though.

Thumbnail by cceamore
Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Here is another one of my bloomers.

Thumbnail by cceamore
Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Here is one more and please don't be mad because I am posting other than Iris.
MGH
If you want me to post pics of my other Iris from last year I will but I thought you wanted to see spring 2005 pics.

Thumbnail by cceamore
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

wow spring is on the way! great pics

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

I have one more of my little iris I took today.

Thumbnail by cceamore
Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Thank you, Notmartha

Thumbnail by cceamore
Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Celeste, Wow lucky you!
Push that Spring weather north, Pretty Please!

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

Gosh, I'm so jealous!! Thanks for the little taste of spring : ) we're in for another cold snap for the next week : (

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Well, It is only in the low 50's and it keeps raining off and on so I don't know if it is as nice here as it is other places right now.I will send warm sunny thoughts your way!:) Send me some get rid of this Flu thoughts! My son had it last week and now I have it and I am a Grumpy old bag of Bones!
Sending warm sunny thought to Vicki in Kentucky too!

Thumbnail by cceamore

Celeste, I am not mad at all! I love to see all the blooms....glad to know I'm not the only one around here who has something blooming! LOL! My daffs haven't quite opened up yet, but I have a few crocus blooming. Your pics are beautiful! Sorry to hear you are sick though. We are all just getting over that flu. Hope you feel better soon and thanks for the photos!

Mendy

Here are my daffs:

Thumbnail by mgh

Here is some of my crocus. Not a very good pic of them....

Thumbnail by mgh
Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

That is not a bad pic and those are pretty!

This message was edited Feb 16, 2005 3:41 PM

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks for well wishes I feel a little better today and the Sun has come out so that in it self makes me Happy!

Thumbnail by cceamore
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

What a beautiful thing to have Iris blooming now in zone 7.

I though I'd mention Celeste that there is an Historic cultivar dated 1858 named "Celeste". It's for sale at

http://www.nichollsgardens.com/index.htm

My granddaughter's name is Celeste and she can't wait to see it bloom. Of course it will be a year since I just ordered it. :-)

Thumbnail by doss
Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

Doss
That is cool.There seems to be alot of plants from the late 1800's named Celeste.My name must have been popular back then or their must of been a popular person named Celeste.I have seen several antique roses named Celeste but I don't have a link for them.Thank you for the link.
Celeste

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks for the info. I'm good at scouting plants up. I'll go look for a Celeste Rose. It is a lovely name. If I find a link I'll post it for you.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Here's a picture of the "Celeste" rose. Sadly, I could only find this one foreign site that sells it.

http://www.deleeuwroses.co.za/0125.htm

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

http://www.rosegathering.com/alphroses.htm
There are some listed on this page and apparently David Austin hybridized one in 1983 too but I couldn't find a pic the link didn't work for me.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

If you want to tag your little blue iris it is ( I Reticulata ) documented in Turkey in 1882.is woodland iris will bloom and do well in shade and the first iris to bloom it blooms with the crocuses has a bulb and not a rhizome .there are two sub species i don't know which one yours is #1
kalpakowskina #2 banlrana but the name i. reticulata is good for both in name tag or iris Show . you can google it and find out more .

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

thank you,
Tazzy

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks for the other links for the Celeste rose. I certainly wish I could just fly it over from Europe. It sounds lovely - except it's a Rugosa. Oh, those thorns!

Willamette Valley-OS, OR(Zone 8a)

Your I. reticulata's are Beautiful!
I So Look Forward to Those and Crocus.
They're the First Signs of Spring!

No reticulata's Yet Blooming but Close...
Crocus are Just Starting as Mendy Showed.

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

Are crocuses more of a shade-loving plant? Mine have been blooming for at least 2 or 3 weeks and most of them are gone now? Is that normal? Do they prefer cooler temps? We've been in the upper 50's to low 60's for the last week or so.

Hixson, TN(Zone 7a)

I have some in the sun and they bloom about two weeks max in sun or shade.

Thumbnail by cceamore

Very pretty! =)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.