Deer resistant perennials

Stockport, OH(Zone 6b)

Does anyone know where there is a list of deer resistant perennials, on this site or another?
I think I remember seeing one but since search isn't working I can't find it! Thanks for any help

Waxhaw (Charlotte), NC(Zone 7b)

I do not know of any OH reference, but I have used this VT reference previously.

http://www.uvm.edu/extension/publications/oh/oh64.htm

Kenneth

Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 5a)

There is no plant that deer won't eat. Every deer has it's personal favorite. Jessamine

Stockport, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks everyone! I found a pretty good list and printed it off for my sister, her back yard is like a feeding zone for deer!

(Zone 7a)

In a neighborhood overrun by deer, a friend of mine made a garden of almost entirely grasses - low, poufy jobs of air; tall, towering thick ones; mid-level silvery/shimmering Miscanthus 'Morning Light' and all sorts inbetween. In autumn, the most improbable colors would appear and the flowering "awns" would hold well into winter. (Holly might make nice "winter bones")

She loved to share her morning coffee with families of deer that made themselves at home in her garden.

8 miles from Athens, OH(Zone 6a)

Great links guys! Thanks. Just yesterday a co-worker asked me about deer resistant plants. I could tell her only about what I had, but having these lists is really helpful. I will share them with her. I have a lot of deer on my place and have to be careful about what I put out. Last year they ate all the leaves off a double pink morning glory on my backyard fence (on one side). They never touched the common (pink/blue) mg that grew at the front porch. Go figure. One of these lists suggests honeysuckle. Well, I use the wild honeysuckle as a decoy plant. Deer around here eat it in winter when there's little else green.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.