Help for Vandas?

Commerce, GA(Zone 8a)

I purchased 3 Vanda Thailand orchids from Top Tropicals. When they arrived they were very healthy plants with good roots. Now I am seeing yellow leaves! I have had them inside the house because of the cold snap we have had recently. I plan to hang them on a large Japenese Bamboo in the yard. What am I doing wrong? Melba

edited to say, I have been misting every day and they have good air circulation.

This message was edited Feb 14, 2005 10:27 AM

Fair Lawn, NJ(Zone 6b)

It could be simply because of a change in location, and they might stabilize after losing some lower leaves.
They do like it sunny and warm. Also, the ( bare) roots need good humidity.
I am never sure what people mean when they talk about misting? Is that a gentle "pft, pft" from a bottle or a real watering? I would flood/soak the roots with a hose daily until they turn greenish. Perhaps you might take the plants over the bath tub, since you say you have them now inside. Then drip them off and place them back into their location. And then as you said, good air circulation is essential.

Commerce, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks RUK, The roots are green now, maybe if I get them outside & it stays warm they will be ok. Melba

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.