Need ID on this pink peony

bronson, IA(Zone 4a)

Can any one ID this pink peony--its not the best picture--when it bloomed it was awesome--thanks cheryl

Thumbnail by cottosnag
Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

I don't know which one that is, there are SO many different peonies. Heres a site that gives tons of pictures of peonies, you may find it in there...

http://www.peonygarden.com/GARDEN%20HERBACEOUS%20PEONIES/gardnthums1.htm

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I don't know its name but it sure is pretty. I have some lovely doubles I would gladly trade for a start when spring arrives.

bronson, IA(Zone 4a)

Thanks Kathys999 for the link--there are alot of pictures in there--I saw this peony when I was driving down the street last spring--I had to stop and ask the lady what peony it was--she said it has been in her yard for 20 years or so and she didnt know the name of it and it had self sow baby peonies all over and they mow them over--I about cried--I said can I buy some from you--she said to come back in the spring--so I am going to stop--
leaflady--if I had one I would share--maybe this spring she will give me one--cheryl

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

Yes, there are alot of pictures in there, overwhelming to say the least. I would like one of each, no... make that 2. :) Peonies are really hard to identify to me because a Sarah Barnhart in my yard may be a pale pink and in someone else garden its got a totally different shade of pink to it. That and the fact that there are probably 50 pale pink doubles that it could be. Hope you find the information your looking for.

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Hi, your peony looks like it is single bloom and could possibly be a Japanese or an Anemone. If you go to this site and put in it's characteristics you might be able to identify it.

http://www.peonies.org/ident.html

Good luck!

Diann
IA Z5a

bronson, IA(Zone 4a)

Ticker thanks for the link--lots of pictures--i think it kinda looks like Friendship--the lady has had it in her yard for ever--when it blooms the color is like magenta--not a pink for red thanks cheryl

NW Qtr, AR(Zone 6a)

Sorry .. neither can I offer any suggestions to its ID ... but am certainly curious now. .. hee

Ticker ... a big 'hearty' welcome to DG !!! ...

- Magpye

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks Magpye! :)

Diann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.