Local Weather, February, 2005. Is it almost spring yet!

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

NOT REALLY, SO SUCK IT UP AND GET OVER IT!!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

John, the american goldfinch here are starting to yellow up... can spring really be coming?

Modi'in, Israel

hey, the butterflies and other flying creatures sure think spring is on the way. And the birds seem to be gathering and preening and making all sorts of funny noises and displays....so perhaps spring is on it's way afterall :-)

Only time will tell ROTFL ;-)

-Julie

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Except for new daffidol shoots there are no other signs of spring here yet. Aren't daffidols neat? They seem to know something I don't!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

71F, very windy, and absolutely cloudless

Thumbnail by Kelli
Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Well, looky there! You are ahead of me Kelli. They are forcasting 2-4" of snow from tues. afternoon to wed. am. The daffidolls won't mind a bit. I'll just put another log on the far!

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

76 and sunny. At last the wind has calmed down to a lite breeze with low humidity. My poor wind beaten tomatos get a break at last. Tomatos hate strong winds and we had that for about a week. Back to normal now...
I remember when I lived in New York, the daffodils, how beautiful they were as they first started to peek up thru the snow and then a little while later, a field of yellow...

This message was edited Jan 31, 2005 5:49 PM

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

The daffs were blooming in DM's front yard last Thurs. There are lilies polking their heads up in the back yard.
Mid 50s all week, lows in the 40s, I can live with that.
Studying alot about my Brugs, since I just adopted a whole bevy of them.
I'm just doing a little DG dance.(;>)

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Winter has us in its grip...the form is a drought! not even .04" of it in 4 weeks...That El Nino and his rotten little sister really play havoc, don't they!!! This is starting not to be much fun!!! Normal rainfall is about 150" a year...so everything is used to rain and humidity. Bamboos are defoliating.. ARGHHHH. :~O

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

28.6° and dropping fast, we have heat & water, hope for that in the morning. - oh yea - 66%

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

23½°, 77%, clear, cold.

Well, the Backhoe ate my post yesterday. How about yours?
Did everybody think they had been booted? lol
53/51 here this morning. I can live with that.
IT'S GROUNDHOG DAY!
She wouldn't see her shadow here.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Down to 22.3° here waiting for the temp to start climbing.

Same as two days ago, which is also the same as yesterday. (Low 70s, cloudless, very windy, extremely low humidity)

Thumbnail by Kelli
Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Me too !! Low 70's white puffy clouds bright sunshine but no wind thank goodness. My tomatos have had their share of wind for a lifetime !

It's not warm enough here for tomatoes in the winter - too cool at night, I guess.

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

hi 41, lo 35 overcast & dreary! The promised snow was a no show.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

The groundhog sure saw his shadow at Puxatawny, Pa. (sigh) 6 more weeks of cold weather.

BUT it is sunny and beautiful today - about 44 degrees. Celebrate.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

37.0 ° on my arrival home from work - the broadband is up for a change!

El Cajon, CA(Zone 10a)

Did I get this wrong but I am sure they were showing SNOW in Hawaii just a few days ago on the tv..[ when did that last happen ?]

Good to see you posting again John, did I miss something or were you having probs with your c'puter ?
Hope all is well Sidney and you got your plants picked up..

Here we are having sunshine, blue skies, more sunshine and warm..but like [Salvia?] posted it gives me migraines too, everytime our weather changes..gets very warm and dry, its a sinus nightmare also...lots pollinating right now so allergies are high,

Spring bulbs are up, roses bloomin, Carolina Jasmine and honeysuckle..also our fruit trees lots of blossom..hope no heavy rain for a while otherwise there goes our fruit...

[aloes looking gorgeous too, out in full bloom] one of these days I will learn how to send pics on our lap top..othewise I am lazy use my webtv all the time....and you can't do nuthin with webtv...:((

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

can't swear to it - may be wrong - but I believe the snow in Hawaii was volcanic ash?

Peterson, sounds like your situation is one many would like to at least visit about now. (minus the sinus, of coarse) I was in Orlando about 10 years ago at this time of year. I had the WORST sinus attack of my life. I now use Nasalcrom. It coats the lining of your sinuses, so the polllen does not get to them. There are a variety of these that are being sold. This one is OTC.
Foggy, 53 thunder for lunch.

Same as yesterday, except maybe a tad bit windier. The dry air annoys my sinuses.

As for the the snow in Hawaii, I didn't see the t.v. show, but it does snow on top of the highest volcanoes sometimes, like above 10,000 ft or so. I've heard that there can be enough snow for people to ski.

Still cloudy, 43 outside.
When I lived in El Paso, the city guaranteed sunshine. If the sun didn't shine thru the clouds for 24 hrs, the C of C would pay for your hotel room. I am glad no such deal was made for Superbowl here, we might have to of paid for the last couple of days.
It's clearing-up today, with high winds. Not an improvement.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

42.4°, sunny

Camarillo, CA

Snow does fall on the summits of the two largest volcanos on the island of Hawai'i, Mauna Kea (13,796 ft. above sea level) and Mauna Loa (13,680 ft. above sea level). Mauna Loa is the largest volcano in the world, rising 56,000 ft. from the sea floor to its summit. Great websites for information about Hawaiian volcanoes are: http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/volcanoes (website for United States Geological Survey and www.nps.gov/havo (website for Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park). The photograph depicts the summit of Haleakala (10,023 ft. above sea level) the dormant volcano on the neighboring island of Maui (taken last summer).

This message was edited Feb 4, 2005 10:47 AM

This message was edited Feb 4, 2005 10:49 AM

Thumbnail by lorien4

My DH is from El Paso. I associate El Paso with dust storms.

Weather here is the same as yesterday.

There is no dust in El Paso, Only mean viscous sand. It was so thick you were stupid to be out in some of them. If it rained the old fasioned doug-out underpasses could flood in seconds and drown folks. I have a love/hate relationship with that city. It was a great place to spend my 20s. My ex-MIL lives there and they are seeing more and more rain.
Sunny and 46*.
Sidney

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Above average temps, finally! Yesterday's high 61, low 35. 55 currently.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

59½°, 33%, sunny, calm, beautiful.

73F, totally cloudy this morning, mostly clear now. NO WIND!!!! YAY!!!!

Thumbnail by Kelli
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

48 and melting snow here today

Modi'in, Israel

Hooray Kelli...no flooded gardens! :-)

Raining here today...nothing unusual. Temps hovering at 10C (50F) although I know it did dip down further than that as early this morning the outside therm. read 8C (46.4F).

-Julie

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

54.0°, 41%, sunny, nice may even get some "outside" work done today!

55F, 100% cloudy, feels like it could rain, but we'll see.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

59° and so nice it makes me want to start some plants (veggies) inside - but I know this would be a big mistake (again). Will grin and wait.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

46°, temp on the rise, In Alaska they would call this spring fever, I call it Driveing me nuts.

LOL, Dyson. You want me to see if I can find you a job and house in my neighborhood for you?
Noe that's a concept, moving a DGer into every house that becomes available. Just think what it would look like in 10 years.
Suhhyy, 61,

Modi'in, Israel

At the risk of sounding like a broken record here....10C (50F) and raining today.

Julie, does it do this every year? You can always get a great big jug and plant a terranium. It takes skill to plant through a small opening and the kids will love having a little woodlands in the house.
Just a gray day suggestion.
Sidney

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.