Need info on Hydrangeas

Tremont, IL(Zone 5b)

My DD moved to Phoenix, AZ & she loves hydrangeas. Does anyone know if there is a variety that will grow there? TIA, not sure if this is the correct forum to ask, but thought I'd start here, as there doesn't seem to be a Hydrangea forum.

Tremont, IL(Zone 5b)

I'm bumping this back up to the top to see if I might get an answer. I had origianlly posted it in another thread, but Terry moved it here recently.
TIA for your help.

Woodville, TX(Zone 8a)

Just thought I would add a thought or two. Here in East Texas it is very hot so the hydrangeas must have only dappled sunlight and plenty of water. Maybe she could try one of the old type of mopheads that are fairly hardy. Of course it would need very little sunlight there and maybe soaker hoses with lots of mulch to protect the roots. She would have to baby them a few years until they become acclimated. The main problem would more than likely be the dry air. Some of the soaker hoses are really nice since they send out a mist over the plants and hydrangeas thrive with that in our heat. Jenny

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

There is a lot of hydrangea info on-line. Just Google it. But for her area, she should contact the local Cooperative Extension service and they can give her more information specific to her area.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.