This week I saved $40+...

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

I wanted to learn more about square foot gardening. So instead of buying the book (although used is cheap), or the videos (couldn't find them used), I called my local library (small county, even smaller town), and requested them through inter-library loan. I got all three videos, normally 39.95 plus shipping, for $2.50 shipping. And the money I paid benefited my local library. When I am done, a couple of local friends are going to request them too.

And for fire starter for our wood stove, we use the brown paper inserts from newspaper deliveries. The guy who delivers here brings them to us every week, rather than throwing them away; and they are rubber banded, so free office supplies too ;)

I love reading stories on this forum how people save $ and time and the earth by reusing rather than throwing away and buying new. Tell me your story, and brag how much $ you saved this week...

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!