Week of Jan. 23-30, 2005

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I'm slow getting this done today. I got up and got started on getting ready for church immediately. That seems to be the only way to make sure I get there. Hubby was feeling up to it today too so we both got there. We attend a small very friendly church so we got lots of hugs and greetings. That always makes one feel good. We learned that our pastor's wife lost her aged & ailing mother Friday or Saturday so they are with her family in Iowa.

I'm still just maintaining this week. I have been good tho for most of the time. Did have a 1/2 piece of cherry pie with some Cool Whip and 2 good size pieces of fried chicken tenders at the cafe' this Friday and Saturday. Lots of salad, cole slaw, and nuked veggies too. Mostly venison for meat tho we had lean polish sausage one night for supper. I bought 2 beautiful already trimmed and very lean K.C. strip steaks today for $3.49 a pound. Each steak weighs over a pound. My employer bought about 100# of them for the cafe' this week. One of the local grocery stores had a big beef sale going. We will be enjoying steak and baked potatoes this week.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

This thread has 30 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!