22-Jan-2005 Weekend update - anyone around? anyone down? :)

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Down - in a good way, that is!

I'm down another 2.2 for the week, not too bad for being on 3 trips, London, Poland, Leeds (UK) in the past 9 days. I keep waiting for it to slow down - a total of 7.8 pounds for 3 weeks - so I am very pleased. I'm almost pinching myself - asking - why is it going so well? But, then I need to remember, these are pounds that I've gained since October and in reality - I'm just catching up with holiday excesses.

I have a few more days before I finally go on vacation!!!!!!!!! I haven't been on a vacation in a year - no computer, no cell phone, nada. I hope to do well on vacation - or at least not gain anything, but it's likely I'll be up a bit. Fortunately, not going to a place that one would consider a culinary wonderland (Placencia, Belize where the main street is a sidewalk *literally*). Hoping to refrain from the gotchas of the trip there in 2004 (packets of cookies, chips, etc.) - Veggies in the store are a bit of a joke - almost everything is packaged.

I was pretty pleased by my trip to Leeds - had a simple salad in the company cafeteria and then for dinner, roasted vegetables, a small spinach feta tart and a glass of wine - it was a fairly simple, relaxing dinner after a very long day. I did eat a hard roll, but fortunately, was able to just have an enjoy a simple meal without it spiraling me into carb mongering.

I fly home to NY on Wed and think I'll do the (skip everything along the way) approach and see how it goes, and only eat what *I* bring. Snacks of pepperoni/cheese, a deviled egg and a spinach salad/celery sticks. On a bright note - I did do very well with the ham cream cheese roll ups - they were filling. Now I just need to remember to tell Doug NOT to have any special meal ready when I get home.... *wry grin*

How's everyone else doing?

This thread has 18 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!