Couldn't resist this phal

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Got this at Home Depot. I know, not a real orchid place, but its so unusual. I had to have it.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Closeup of one flower, its really that dark.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Here's the tag. After doing a search on the parents, esp. the Golden Peoker, I think the tag is legit.

Thumbnail by beclu727
Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Wow...that is beautiful. I've never seen a phal that is so dark.

Deb

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Very different. This seems to be the newest trend in phals...these dark colours with white edges seem to be popping up here and there. They have finally started to build our first Home Depot here, so I hope ours gets some of these funky orchids.

Thornton, PA(Zone 7a)

It is very beautiful. I know Home Depot is not a real orchid place but I have gotten some fantastic orchids between $15. - $20. I always pop in the greenhouse when I'm there to see what's hanging around. Last year I got an elegant white Phal with 3 stems of buds that bloomed for 5 months. These may be more common orchids but they are still beautiful.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks fivetoes. This one was only $11.43 because it was in a small pot. HD seems to sell by pot size. Same orchid in a bigger pot will be more, even if the plant isn't bigger. I'll probably go back and see what they have again soon. With Valentines day coming up, they usually have nice ones. Lowe's does too. Just can't rely on the names.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.